Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pumps  (Read 613 times)

Buel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pumps
« on: June 26, 2014, 09:48:44 pm »

I have quite a few free dwarves enabled with architecture, pump operator and engineer and what not. Its set up, I have everything. But they refuse to build it.

Panando

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pumps
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 10:07:56 pm »

Ummm a pump requires architecture to design and then the skill to build depends on the block type, wood block is carpenter, stone or glass blocks masonry, metal blocks probably require any metalworking skill.
But that's all it requires, architecture and mason if you're making it with a stone block. The dwarf needs to be able to stand on the 'open' pump tile in order to build it, but if you can place it, that condition will ordinarily be met. Any more clues on what you're doing? If you start a new game, build a carpenters shop, create a corkscrew, pipe section and block, and order the pump built, are there any problems?
Punch through a multi-z aquifer in under 5 minutes, video walkthrough. I post as /u/BlakeMW on reddit.

Buel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 10:09:17 pm »

The dwarf has plenty of room to stand on it to the left of it. Its all made an all that, I enabled all the labors.

Panando

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 03:13:42 am »

So is your problem that you've never managed to build a pump, or that you can't build a pump in a particular case?
Punch through a multi-z aquifer in under 5 minutes, video walkthrough. I post as /u/BlakeMW on reddit.

xpi0t0s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 03:36:54 am »

Do you have an active alert?

Buel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 12:32:01 pm »

I think I got it figured out now, thanks guys!

Buel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 06:51:05 pm »

Well, I have plenty of people who have pump operating enabled. No burrows enabled, plenty of free dwarves. The pump is made, their is a body of water to the right of it. It's facing the right direction, yet no one will use it.

Buel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2014, 07:04:14 pm »

Well, nevermind! I got it figured out, sorry guys again!