Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rebellion  (Read 997 times)

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Rebellion
« on: May 31, 2014, 09:24:34 pm »

Well, this might be planned. But...

If you become a barony, you should have the ability to rebel against your mother country and and form your own country.  But, said mother country would stop sending caravans and would siege you to get the barony back. Also, you should have the ability to cesede from your civ peacefully, but with a great price. Once you cesede, you can crown your baron into the new monarch. This option though should be available even after you elect your new baron.

This might be planned in the far future, but what do I know?  ;)

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebellion
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 09:32:24 pm »

It's a safe bet to assume that nearly everything is planned for the future, just not this century.

But this is planned, and will hopefully be implemented in our lifetimes. I know Toady has mentioned this sort of stuff, and the claims system that is coming next release is supposed to be the framework for this.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 09:37:08 pm »

Thanks, I'll wait patiently for the new release. Lets hope though that it comes out this june.

Waparius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 01:40:13 am »

IIRC this release almost certainly won't have those features in-play, at least not in dwarf-mode. It'll impact Adventure Mode somewhat, but it's mostly just laying the groundwork.

Rebellions and so on will likely have to wait until you can have more meaningful off-site interactions and come along with things like managing your Deep and Hilldwarves.

kontako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 04:07:51 am »

It could possibly start out as a gang of outlaws or bandits begin to increase both their numbers and influence, lay siege, and then establish their headquarters from the newly conquered fortress.
Then again, these outlaws and bandits could begin as rebels from within the fortress (Say, once a group of peasants begin rioting against the nobles) and take over from there.
Either way, the rebels would begin as their own faction (or sub-faction) and be directly at war with the victim faction.

Among the idea of rebellions, I think it would be interesting / entertaining to have nobles below the king (Dukes, Counts, Barons) to begin independent wars within a kingdom as they lay claim (with appropriate Casus Belli, ofcourse) to surrounding fiefs. Similar to how it occurs in Crusader Kings 2 for example.
However I can see this becoming annoying very quickly, hopefully with the possible implementation of this idea some form of improved diplomacy would be implemented aswell to construct some sort of loyalty system.

"Confederacy of Businesses"?! By Armok's Blood! These Communist animals are CAPITALISTS!
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"
*gobbles menacingly*

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 12:08:39 pm »

It could possibly start out as a gang of outlaws or bandits begin to increase both their numbers and influence, lay siege, and then establish their headquarters from the newly conquered fortress.
Then again, these outlaws and bandits could begin as rebels from within the fortress (Say, once a group of peasants begin rioting against the nobles) and take over from there.
Either way, the rebels would begin as their own faction (or sub-faction) and be directly at war with the victim faction.

Among the idea of rebellions, I think it would be interesting / entertaining to have nobles below the king (Dukes, Counts, Barons) to begin independent wars within a kingdom as they lay claim (with appropriate Casus Belli, ofcourse) to surrounding fiefs. Similar to how it occurs in Crusader Kings 2 for example.
However I can see this becoming annoying very quickly, hopefully with the possible implementation of this idea some form of improved diplomacy would be implemented aswell to construct some sort of loyalty system.

Maybe a faction screen? Like the royalist fac. And the rebel fac. They can attack each other in the fort like gang raids on each other's territory.

I can see why you see that as annoying. Maybe you can form a sort of trade republic just like Venice. In CK2 you could control ports as you may know.

Duck Slayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 05:41:36 am »

Well, this might be planned. But...

If you become a barony, you should have the ability to rebel against your mother country and and form your own country.  But, said mother country would stop sending caravans and would siege you to get the barony back. Also, you should have the ability to cesede from your civ peacefully, but with a great price. Once you cesede, you can crown your baron into the new monarch. This option though should be available even after you elect your new baron.

This might be planned in the far future, but what do I know?  ;)

Haha I literally just thought of this on a previous post about taxation and dwarven economy. Could be the result of the player disliking Mountain home/Civ-wide economy/government whenever those come into play.

Urist is revolting.
Urist is burning the countries flag.
Urist has been bound in the dungeons of the mountain home.