Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need help starting a new game  (Read 1053 times)

Crimsonknight3

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Need help starting a new game
« on: June 10, 2014, 03:13:53 pm »

Heya, im not much of a df person yet. im barely getting to grips with the basics but I wanted to start with masterworks. I got df the latest version. Extracted masterworks and installed it correctly. Choose the iron(forgot) tile set. created a world. started a new game but all of the soil floor tiles are flashing what looks like every tile in the game. I tried changing tilesets and generating a new world.  tried 2d and standard. tried totally reinstalling again. Im not sure what else I can do.

any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Need help starting a new game
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 03:19:43 pm »

I got df the latest version. Extracted masterworks and installed it correctly.
I think that last part is not quite correct. You dont need DF for MDF. You just download MDF and unpack it, you are not extracting it on top of the normal DF. Which I assume you did (?)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Crimsonknight3

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 03:54:44 pm »

I got df the latest version. Extracted masterworks and installed it correctly.
I think that last part is not quite correct. You dont need DF for MDF. You just download MDF and unpack it, you are not extracting it on top of the normal DF. Which I assume you did (?)

Yes I did, I guess I assumed that like other mods, it requires the base game to work. I didn't realise Dwarf Fortress has no distribution rights...?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 04:13:29 pm »

Just like most other mods, it does include the game itself. What you have is duplicate raws, so just unpack the mod in its own folder and run it. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Crimsonknight3

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 06:15:38 am »

I was referring to EVERY other game ive played and modded. The base game is always separate! Thank you for you help anyway

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 06:48:33 am »

Many of the smaller Dwarf Fortress mods are installed on top of a standard game directory, but that doesn't work for big mods that move information around (from one file to another), or which need some vanilla files to be removed entirely.  Masterwork is one of the big ones.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz