Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A public response to a PM (and an autobiography of sorts)  (Read 2268 times)

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A public response to a PM (and an autobiography of sorts)
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2014, 01:34:25 pm »

I see how far this could be misinterpreted...

Meaning: ...I don't think OP was being called out for being [those words which convey really bad negativity or boasting because of material gain and lording it over others] but rather the interpretation of such (and his wording)

Though the tl;dr may sum it up, I guess I'm confused a bit on how people use...'shit'. It's somehow becoming a common term for everything [Like...a generality for {stuff that I don't pay mind to a lot}]...as my limited experience sees it >.>

Though I also don't understand how someone would be hurt by someone saying they're happy.[See: Whatwagon], but I'm also unsure of the context. Was this the happy thread? seems to be a question of importance.

Maybe its your wording that got 'em, acetech? Provocative perhaps?

I... I don't think so? I'm not sure what provoked it, but I imagine it could be a recent post about acquiring another old car and some related sentences, and he might've had the impression I was boasting about being able to just buy cars on a whim. The part about being bought for the intent of restoration and re-sale, and how I could barely afford it, might have been lost somewhere.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2014, 05:56:14 pm »

Clicked on this thread by accident after finding out about Cynus who litrally tried building a temple out of skulls, feeling just as disgruntled that someone on bay12 could be this much of a bellend that I'm considering temple made out of skulls idea. I don't mind Pit Bull because when he goes on about how much wealthier he is compared to me, he isn't bragging he's thankful. Same sentiment applies. Also privilege, a word that has never seemed dirtier. If some people really think people saying everything's good will make people feel so bad they need to constantly hear that others are doing worse than them that's just fucked. How does watching pursuit of happiness make anyone happier? How can one pretend to care about the emotional state of others while disregarding those of tbe person they are talking too?
I hope this is all a misunderstanding.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2014, 07:09:26 pm »

Clicked on this thread by accident after finding out about Cynus who litrally tried building a temple out of skulls, feeling just as disgruntled that someone on bay12 could be this much of a bellend that I'm considering temple made out of skulls idea. I don't mind Pit Bull because when he goes on about how much wealthier he is compared to me, he isn't bragging he's thankful. Same sentiment applies. Also privilege, a word that has never seemed dirtier. If some people really think people saying everything's good will make people feel so bad they need to constantly hear that others are doing worse than them that's just fucked. How does watching pursuit of happiness make anyone happier? How can one pretend to care about the emotional state of others while disregarding those of tbe person they are talking too?
I hope this is all a misunderstanding.

*closes book*

amen.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2014, 07:10:58 pm »

Tee hee he said "bellend". :))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2014, 10:20:20 pm »

Visceral reaction: Fuck that.

Considered reaction: Fuck that.

I just emerged from about 4 years of personal hell myself. No job, absolutely, positively zero savings, no home to call my own, no self-esteem and a paid off car that I couldn't drive because I had suspended license and it went to shit in 4 years of sitting there rotting. And I was basically doing the same thing.

Now, I'm employed at a good job, have a bank roll larger than people who have had their shit together far longer than I have, got my car fixed, my driving record clean, moved into my own place and I still have zero debt. Things could almost not be any better for me, for my personal average. So I can empathize with someone telling me I shouldn't talk about it.

While I'm sure that Bay12er probably meant well, they're missing the point. Enjoy your success. Every bloody last second of it, and give someone else hope that life can indeed turn around by talking about it when it's relevant.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 10:23:32 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2014, 10:54:57 pm »

Well, then. I can't say anything that folks in this thread haven't already said, but damn. That's a seriously pathetic move. Enjoy your success, acetech. Some of us are happy to read that some people have it a little bit nicer sometimes.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2014, 09:47:23 am »

I really like the word "whatwagon".

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2014, 04:10:04 pm »

I really like the word "whatwagon".
We could try forcing it into the English language.
If it's spoken in English it's a part of the English language.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2014, 05:14:51 pm »

OK?
Pages: 1 [2]