Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tileset somehow unusual?  (Read 1427 times)

Snaaty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tileset somehow unusual?
« on: June 18, 2014, 01:56:29 am »

Hello Forum,

I am using a linux system and therefore can't get the GUI to run. I can do the content changes just in the raws, but I have a feeling, that my tileset is somehow strange, and would like to hear, if this is, what it is supposed to look like (Especially the grass looks unusual):
(Also, I didn't modify anything graphics-related at all. Just the basic 5.06 MDF version for Linux)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Tileset somehow unusual?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 02:57:32 am »

I have this result too, it is because MWDF use more graphics per tile and that causes a few issues with non truetype display. The labor manager is a bit hard to use as a result.

This should be fixed in a future version.

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 09:33:48 am »

Your grass looks fine.  Use 'k' to look at those tiles - some are trees, some are shrubs, some are grass, some are boulders, some are bare rock, some are probably pebbles ....

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 11:18:59 am »

Oh, Tile 0 is actually used in the menus, if TTF is off. I didnt knew that. I will make it black again in future.

And did you just build one of the "research required" help-workshops?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Snaaty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 04:27:07 pm »

Thank you, but I guess, I will just wait for three months until I have a Windows Computer available again so I can play MDF without worries. Luckily Meph is working a lot to improve this already awesome mod, so now I'm really looking forward to playing again!  8)

@Meph

I built the "Workshop" that said, "for the workshops below you need research", or something like that, and it placed the you are awesome note.

Also you can see that in the Dwarf Labour Manager, there are some succubi shown for some reason. I guess this is not intended.

@urmane I know the different tiles, maybe I am just used to a different tileset, (or my screen is now much smaller than it used to be), but the tiles look rather colour-less, don't you think?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 05:22:47 pm »

@Meph

I built the "Workshop" that said, "for the workshops below you need research", or something like that, and it placed the you are awesome note.
Which officially makes you the first person to find/report this easter egg. 1+ internet points for you.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::