Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New threads and designs.  (Read 1051 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
New threads and designs.
« on: May 27, 2014, 09:41:38 am »

Just saying, the main thread has been updated and should be way, way more readable. I also closed all old threads and merged the three "Discussion, Quesions and Bug Reports" into one. Why? Because people often merge bug reports and questions, and because I made it when only 3 races existed. 9 threads seems ok. But now with Warlocks, Gnomes and Succubi and soon to be Humans, it would be 7*3 = 21 threads. It would cluttter the board to much. Instead you have one thread for everything. I assume that the Dwarves and Succubus threads will be rather active (dwarves as main race, succubus as the currently developed race), but I dont except that they will get completely swamped with replies.

Feedback about the new graphics, order and threads is welcome. I did this on a whim, so if you guys dont like it or have better ideas, just let me know.

IndigoFenix/Boltgun: If something about the Gnome/Succubi banners is wrong or you dont like it, just let me know as well.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 01:05:46 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: New threads and designs.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 01:09:22 pm »

I also added board rules, because there has been an increase in random threads lately. They are super simple:

Board Rules

• Don't make a new thread for a single question you have. Each race has its own thread.
  • Please do Story Forts in the Community Forts & Story Board.
  • If you post large images, please put them in a spoiler.

The first one is really important, otherwise people cant find relevant threads as easily.

The second one is more a suggestion, I wont yell at anyone if you still keep your forts around here. I just personally think they fit better into the Community Fort Section, because it will allow other non-mod playing people to see the crazyness that is going on here. :)

Last one I only really noticed when surfing the forum from a phone: Its horrible if a large picture loads and changes screen resolution, and/or takes forever.

Remember that I am not a mod, and that these things are just a base line. Just stay civil and do what you think is suitable. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 01:49:01 pm »

These are great changes, should definitely help with the cluttering problem if people will follow them.  I personally would rather have MW story forts in the MW subforum, but thats just because I browse this much more often than the story board, and there aren't too many active MW story forts anyway.
Likes nether horror for their ability to turn people into eldritch horrors. Seriously, what is wrong with that dwarf.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 01:58:15 pm »

And one last image... for the planned humans. When I saw that picture, I couldnt resist. It fits the noble human king/merchant oh so perfectly.

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 03:14:11 pm »

And one last image... for the planned humans. When I saw that picture, I couldnt resist. It fits the noble human king/merchant oh so perfectly.

Sir Patrick Stewart?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 03:46:35 pm »

Yep. Professor Xavier as a medieval portrait of a nobleman. Cant get better then that, especially considering that he also voiced the human Emperor in Oblivion. :D

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 07:56:01 pm »

I'll just move Questravagers II over to community forts then. Its inactive ATM[Taking a break from DF], but I'll move it while I'm thinking of it.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling