Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New French DF Let's Play "By a pro, for the pros" (Canadian French)  (Read 864 times)

maximemoring

• Escaped Lunatic
  • If the heads still there, this zombies still alive
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel

Hello, community of Dwarf Fortress and especially the ones of you who can understand and speak french! And if you are looking for a French Let's Play that is more "professionnal" than the usual, this would be for you.

I just started a Let's Play of Dwarf fortress on Youtube and I wanted to let you guys know and grow our community for DF, hardcore RPGs and roguelikes alike! My channel is not very advanced as it is, you know, French; but I love a community that is very interactive, which is not really the case of the current 650 subscribers I have. And I know very well that you guys are! :D

As for the Let's Play itself, it is one that I call "Par un pro, pour les pros"/"By a pro, for the pros", which is basically not like 90% of the LPs on youtube, either completely or partially a Tutorial. It is 1080P and done with two tools from the lazy newb pack, SoundSense and Dwarf Therapist as well as the Phoebus graphics.
So I encourage you to go check it out, even if you are not particularly familiar with french, as I usually use a lot of English words and expressions (kind of the thing with us French Canadians).
Here is the playlist on the first episode : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLCIQF0o8DU&list=PL6KvCR3MJigxNqbpW3zR8AF4KGkcWCeyf
The second episode is coming tomorrow, too!
I also post the news about my channel, community and me as well as the new uploaded videos on my Facebook Fan-page : http://www.facebook.com/maximemoring

So yeah, this is basically it! Hope this is has not been too long and I'll see you guys on Youtube! ^^
Hello tout le monde, ici Maximemoring!

BlackMuffin

• Bay Watcher
  • One notable kill: Himself
    • View Profile
Re: New French DF Let's Play "By a pro, for the pros" (Canadian French)
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 04:17:53 pm »

Hé, ça a l'air que je suis pas l'seul Québecois ici. :D
En tout cas, je l'sais pas si ce thread va dûrer bien longtemp dans ce forum simplement à cause que la majorité du monde ici parle pas Français...en effet j'dirait même que y'a presque personne qui parle Français ici.

J'va suivre ce thread just pour voir. J'aime le vidéo de toute façon, alors je pense que je vais suivre les vidéos malgré ce fait.

(aussi je m'excuse si mes accents son pas bien placer (entre bien autre choses...), la grammaire Française a toujours été bien plus difficile pour moi que la grammaire Anglaise. ;-; J'éspere que c'est pas trop dûr de lire mon commentaire.)
Mod mod mod the raws!
Mod mod mod the raws!
SAY YES TO SLAVERY
A better fort for you and me!

maximemoring

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 05:00:27 pm »

Bah non, c'est pas un problème! Je connais du monde bieeeen plus pire! :P
Mais ça reste awesome de voir un actual Québécois ici! :D

Ça reste que je suis pas mal sur que tu ne serais pas le seul qui comprend le français ici. Il y en a qui se cachent! XD

maximemoring

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 01:13:07 pm »

Just saying, I've uploaded the second episode ^^
Link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CLx7CLYs9s

maximemoring

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel

Alright, everyone I'm now up to the episode 10 of my Let's Play! And I've discovered something new even for myself!
For everyone that speaks or understands French, please give my LP a try! I'm sure you'll like it! :D

Link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLCIQF0o8DU&list=PL6KvCR3MJigxNqbpW3zR8AF4KGkcWCeyf

Tarqiup Inua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's wonderful! I may not understand a word French but it sounds so epic :)

How did you make all those sounds? I don't remember sound of raining or a voice announcing attack in DF.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 06:58:37 am by Tarqiup Inua »
Nuri al-Gnat - dwarven apidologist
notable works: al-Gnat's test (for determining the child snatcher's ability to pass undetected while getting stung by bees... or at least look human while at it)