Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: In The Deeps  (Read 2955 times)

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
In The Deeps
« on: May 06, 2014, 09:21:11 am »

I love the caverns.  I have always loved them.  Others can have the surface world; the colors there are too bright, too gaudy, they hurt my eyes.  The sun is hot; it burns my skin.  The wind is harsh, like hot breath in my face.  The coolth of the caverns is like a healing balm.  Here is the land of soft phosphorescence, shimmering mushrooms, gently glowing cave fish, the glitter and sparkle of the gems and veins of precious metal that twist through the cavern walls.  So much happens here.  The drip of water, the slow growth of stalagmites, the soft susurrus of moss beneath my feet... I go where I wish; I take what I want.  This is my realm, and I am king.

There were other beings in the deeps, of course.  None like me, but brothers and sisters just the same.  We met sometimes, those great others and I, trading stories of enemies met and devoured, news of stone and water and blood.  We had many forms, many shapes, many powers - some with dust, with fire (blazing flashes of light that dazzled the senses), with poison, with gas... So many ways to defend ourselves and to kill our rightful prey.  What joined us all was The Song.  Prey could not hear it, little scurryscurry antmen, flipflap cave swallows, tiny crundles scampering endlessly through the moss... they were deaf.  All they saw was darkness, and the ones who tried to speak, all their little fwafwa words were empty of meaning.  My kin could hear, though, and listen.  What made us great was that we understood the Song, we knew its ways and nuances.  The stone of the walls, the metals, the gems... they sang, they soared, they spun long arias of music and light in our minds as we moved in the deep places.  Betimes I would find my brother Sofipu the Death of Dreaming entranced, eight legs stilled for once, enraptured in the Song of red zircon where it touched the cave waters, or my sister Gostat Shiverwinds pressed against the veins of gold in the wall, undulating in a dance that complemented the Song.  What mystery could the surface possibly offer us, we who heard the singing of the sinews of the world?

Change comes to all, though, and the caverns are no exception.  As I walked through the moss fields near the Great Deep of Golden Dream, I heard a new sound.  It was a harsh sound, a tick-tick-tick sound, a totally unnatural sound that did not belong in my caverns.  Before I heard it, I thought I knew all sounds here; I knew the grunting scuff of the blind ogres and the scurry of troglodytes, the curious muttering of the trolls and the hasty scamper of the crundles.  I knew the whickerings and chitterings of my brothers and sisters in the shadows.  This was none of them - this was disrupting the Song itself.  I felt in my bones as the deep chants of the spinel were silenced, the murmuring underpoint of rock crystal torn away.  How?  Why?

I turned and sought the source of the noise.  This desecration must stop!  Was it good flesh to eat, was it something to hunt, to chase?  I felt a curiosity that had been long asleep stir and twitch.  It had been centuries since something truly new appeared.  What made this sound, this tick tick tick, in the deep places?  How could it disrupt the Song of Songs?  The sound grew louder.  I was approaching the source.  Then... I saw them.

Filthy little vermin, reeking of soot and tortured metal!  Each of them, carrying the stench of the surface in their clothes, wearing the skins of other creatures and the ore of the earth twisted into unnatural shapes, the ore's true voice perverted to screaming... How could they live like that?  How could even deaf things not hear the suffering?  All that dwelled in the caverns knew to leave the stones alone, or face the wrath of my kin.  Even the stinking breath of these creatures disturbed the caverns; they were entirely abomination.  They poured through a great hole rent in the wall, crushing the gentle moss beneath their stinking booted feet, filling the blessed Song-filled silence with their ugly little fwafwafwa nonsense voices, the tick-tick of their accursed tools.

I flung myself forward.  Enough, I thought to myself, as I drove my talons through their fragile skulls.  More than enough.  Learn to leave this place alone.  As I examined the ones I killed, trying to think of a way to get them to the purifying earthblood, harsh noises came from the tunnel mouth.  Still more poured into the breach, these clad head to toe in even more distorted metal.  My claws rattled against plates of shaped metal, and their pins pierced my hide.  Blasphemy!  The endless shrieking of the tortured ores whined in my mind like the call of madness, and my blood ran hot on the cavern floor from their scratches.  Little slugs, feel the wrath of a god!  My mind went red with fury.

Dust... the dust of all the caverns before time billowed forth.  The little squawkers burst into bloody flowers, their flesh melting from their bones.  I was utterly consumed with rage.  Crushing the corpses beneath my feet, I forced myself to enter their unnatural hole.  As I passed upwards, I was shocked to discover an entire hive of these damnable creatures above!  How long had they been breeding there, unknown to anyone?  What type of vermin were they?  I had never seen the like.

As I passed, I killed.  They fell before me as they ran, melting to crimson pools.  On and on the confusing little warren of tunnels ran, leading up, leading down, room upon room upon room hacked from the living, screaming stone.  This place was like a torture chamber for the earth itself.  Finally I came to a place filled with stench and commotion, where stacks of raw ore lay whining on the floor, where the fire was hottest and the metals of the earth were defiled.  The smells of the surface were present, though the smokes of the constant forge-fires lay like a reek over everything else.  I looked around, wondering how to destroy all this, where to even begin...?

A horn sounded, harsh and shrieking.  From the tunnel across the great room, another of the vermin clad head to toe in metal appeared, shouting fwafwa nonsense.  He shook a long spear at me.  The sound of this spear was different, though; the screaming was louder even than the silvery mixed metals the others had worn.  Although my eyes burned with the light and the stink, I could tell that there was a bluish tinge to the armor, the weapon.  This was the ultimate defilement.  The Eggs of the Titans, snatched from the edge of the molten pools of earthblood, tortured into new shapes... was there nothing these vermin could not ruin?  Was nothing sacred, exempt from their clutching little fingers?

Dust billowed from me in a wave, and the forges shattered.  I roared aloud, using a voice unheard for centuries, and more dust, and still more, poured from my pores in torrents of rage.  I wanted to see him destroyed, see the defiled Titan Eggs washed in cleansing blood, wanted to pull the cavern itself down on his wretched little helmeted head.  Defiler!  He ran forward, protected somehow by his armor, and stabbed me with his spear.  It sank deep in my side, and for the first time I worried that I might lose a battle.  Such a thought had never occurred to me before.

I leapt, and my talons glanced off the plate he carried.  His spear struck again like lightning, but I danced away.  My teeth closed briefly on his metal-clad head, but he struck at me with his little stubby limbs and drove me back.  I could not lose, I would not!  A wave of dust drove him back.  I raced to the attack, hoping he would be disoriented, but the spear licked out swiftly and pierced my hind foot.  Limping, I circled him warily.  I feinted, dodged, and leapt; he spun and struck.  Bleeding from a dozen places, my rear foot weakened, I feared the end was near.

Feigning weakness, I vomited, and pretended to pass out (though it was less of a feint than I would wish).  As he crept close to strike the final blow, I struck him with my second tail... and plucked off his glove.  Drawing my last reserves, one final wave of dust billowed out to coat the entire stinking cavern in toxic powder.  I watched as my enemy melted before me, and crushed his paper-thin skull with my jaws to complete my victory.

The rest went quickly; the last of them were exterminated, save for a few who fled on the surface beyond my reach.  Their champion was slain, their fortress destroyed.  The caverns were safe.  As I dragged myself below again, I left smears of blood on the floor.  Let them mark a sign of warning to all vermin who would burrow.  We are below, my kin and I.  I have told them.  They know the danger now.  We watch.  We guard.  You are not welcome.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
Re: In The Deeps
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 07:44:48 pm »

This is awesome.
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 02:56:17 am »

Nice.  This could be the start of something great.  Where do the titans fall into this continuity, I wonder?  Or the demons?  What about memories from the Time before Time and the reshaping of the world on the anvil of Armok?

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 07:28:10 am »

This is awesome.

Thanks!  It's hardly great lit, but I was hoping people might enjoy it.  I was trying to answer the question "what are they DOING when they just stand there in the caverns?!"

Nice.  This could be the start of something great.  Where do the titans fall into this continuity, I wonder?  Or the demons?  What about memories from the Time before Time and the reshaping of the world on the anvil of Armok?

This started as a writing exercise where I tried to think of a viewpoint that hasn't been heard... the titans and demons would be great examples of that as well.  I might try to come up with something for them too... great idea!  Thanks!  :)
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 07:57:16 am »

This is awesome.

Thanks!  It's hardly great lit, but I was hoping people might enjoy it.  I was trying to answer the question "what are they DOING when they just stand there in the caverns?!"

Hardly great lit my ass. That is some pretty solid writing you've got there, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. :)

Keep up the good work! I would certainly like to read more.
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 07:38:43 am »

A note for the reader: In 1024 of the Current Era, a previously unknown volume in exceptional condition was discovered beneath the rubble of a previously unknown settlement in the Prairie of Ashes.  This settlement was named Logemmeng, home at its peak to some 700 dwarves, and seems to have been settled in the earliest days of the Common Era, directly following what scholars have come to call the Discontinuity.  The text given below is a tentative translation from a correspondingly early form of Ancient Dwarfish,previously known only in extant remnants of the liturgy of the Blood God; the language of the text bears little resemblance to our modern language.  Internal attribution notes this text is to be the work of the god Odur Anedshetbeth, a goddess(?) of wide-ranging interests, since she(?) is shown in engravings throughout the fort in scenes featuring rain, nature, the sun, fire, volcanos, and the earth.  While it strains credulity to modern scholardwarfs that any deity would scribe a written work, dwarves of the early era generated a wide variety of eponymous works purporting to be by deities, demonic figures, and well-known necromancers.  Such works ranged from novels to supposed manuals of sorcerous technique to (as in the current work) speculative cosmology.  Works of this nature were particularly common in the Age of Myth.  It is hoped that the presentation of this work will provide valuable insight into the minds, hopes and fears of our earliest forefathers, the first of their kind.

To those who come after, who read these words, be told; I hight Odur Anedshebeth, second born of the Chosen.  Mine the hands that work the earth; mine the will that forms the wealth of the world.

Terrible are the works that we have wrought.  Regret is a river in which we drown but never die.  Hear the tale of the gods, and fear.

Great the council of the Chosen, gold-ringed brows aflame in light, when first we came to parley, each to speak with other.  Rurast, eldest, star-lord, sky-master.  Thoughts he had, in cold sky dwelling, plans he made, and we were told: where we dwell, we are alone.  Each Chosen, self-master; each Chosen, walking alone.  Each among us (so spoke Rurast) came to thought alone, self-begot, finding only others once we woken were, save I alone, who alone was woke ... (lacuna in document) and so came to be the Mystery of Birth, that none should come again self-begot, and we should be the last of the self-born upon this world.  And this was the first terrible act.

Great the council of the Chosen, gold-ringed brows aflame in light, when again we came to parley, each to speak with other.  Burdened hard with birth, some among us swollen-bellied with the curse self-wrought in our first meet inflicted.  Anan, troublemaker, mischief-lord, spoke a challenge strong and true: Each Chosen has his realm, and has control and strength therein.  Who among us, said he, shall be Lord of Forms?  Who among us hath the skill every form to take upon the earth?  Troublemaker trouble made, and each began their neighbor to dispute, one with another, among the Chosen.  Rurast took the form of a star in the dark night; Anan became a vulture, others followed suit.  Shapes were taken, animal and plant and stone, cloud and rain and mist, but all grew crazed.  Strange and fell the shapes became, each seeking others to outdo, monstrous forms made and mingled.  None could triumph, though mightily we strove, until some Chosen their true forms forgot; in the fullness of time, the trick was revealed.  When the children came to us, monstrous were the shapes they in turn bore.  None alike, all commingled, stone and flesh, scales and feathers and fur, water and flame and ash.  And Anan laughed in joy to see such confusion sowed among his kin, child-Chosen born as such a monstrous brood.  And this was the second terrible act.

Great the council of the Chosen, gold-ringed brows aflame in light, when again we came to parley, each to speak with other. Years had passed since last we spoke, and all our children grown troublesome.  Our wisdom had they not, but some touch of our power; many fought for joy and sport, since fighting before their birth was the very shaping of their forms.  Wayward children fought each other, fought their parents, fought the earth and air themselves, until fierce fighting made the heavens themselves tremble.  Zagod, war's lord, spoke, saying, Who shall defend the Chosen?  A day shall come we all are undone, when children overbold crack the vault of heaven itself purely to see it fall.  Rurast the Eldest spoke, saying, You, War-god, fiercest of fighters?  Might you defend us?  Zagod asked each among us to lend him strength, and straight we set our wills to the task.  Long he wrought, spinning and devising, forging fierceness from fire, until there stood before the council great forms made of jointed bronze, and all were amazed.  These forms took life, and asked for direction, saying, Why were we made?Before Zagod could utter words, Anan Mischief-Maker spoke, sly serpent, saying All living things who are not among the Chosen, strike you down and destroy.  And they heard, and obeyed.  Tremendous was the slaughter at the hands of the bronze men among all living things, children and animals, fish and birds.  And this was the third terrible act.

Great the council of the Chosen, gold-ringed brows aflame in light, when again we came to parley, each to speak with other. Worse, and yet worse, grew the war with our misbegotten children.  The bronze men destroyed some, and some of the bronze men were in turn destroyed.  Metal hath no fear, nor joy, nor anger, save only the knowledge of what is done or not; our children of the Chosen who fought the bronze men rejoiced only in destruction, their own as much as their enemies, goaded on by cruel will and whim.  Some among the children found other joy than fighting, but many made of combat their meat and drink.  Among the council, seats were empty for the Chosen who were pulled down, some by children of others and some by the children of their own bodies; sad the day to see a friend cast low by their own child!  And Rurast Skyfather spoke, saying, this madness must stop.  Taking up his aspect, gathering the strands of power from all who were present, he cast the fractious children, drunk with fighting, into a tomb beneath the world.    Some few he left to wander, those who he hoped could come to wisdom, but many hundreds he sealed beneath the earthblood itself, and wove blue gems to hold the prison fast.  And this fight taxed us more than ought done before, since some Chosen were dead and passed, and our power grew dim as a guttering candle before the last blue metal stitch was set in the deep places of the world.  And all the Chosen began to grow weak, and pale, and the most of our strength passed from us.  And this was the fourth terrible act, more terrible than all before it.

No more the council of the Chosen, gold-ringed brows aflame in light, and never again we came to parley, each to speak with other. Few we were, and scattered, weak and witless.  The bronze men would obey us not, though they remembered us of old and slew us not.  The children who remained went each their own way, many passing beneath the earth in search of unknown things, others wandering the woods and wetlands.  The time of gods was past.

Editors note: the remainder of the volume deals with the foundation of Logemmeng, and swiftly transitions to a functional ledger, tracking population and expenses, noting assets created or traded, punishments dealt or avoided, and similar matters.  Curiously, no mention is made of the author's opinion as to the origin of the five"speaking races", dwarves, elves, goblins, humans and kobolds, nor of the source of the tribal animal men who are so prevalent in the wilds.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 04:01:14 am »

Tis' an artifact among masterworks, a crown jewel among gems. May the creation never cease.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2014, 02:17:38 pm »

Awesome story.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2014, 04:50:02 pm »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2014, 05:03:16 pm »

Well done!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2014, 12:41:25 pm »

"Look at how a single candle can both defy and define the darkness." -Anne Frank.

It is interesting to see the world from a differing point of view. And Iamblichos is one of the best story tellers I have encountered. I hope to see more of his works in the future.
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2014, 04:45:32 am »

"Look at how a single candle can both defy and define the darkness." -Anne Frank.

It is interesting to see the world from a differing point of view. And Iamblichos is one of the best story tellers I have encountered. I hope to see more of his works in the future.

Wow, thanks!

I just get curious as to how so many different types of unique creatures ended up in the world with us  :)  I also went back and saw all the typos in the original... sigh.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2014, 06:52:04 pm »

Posting. To. Watch.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2014, 12:52:16 pm »

Survivor

Kosoth hated hunting.  The bright sun always made her feel woozy.  She motioned her party on, their sinewy forms hugging the earth, while she labored to pass her stocky body quietly through the thickets.  The woods were silent, only an occasional bird call marking the observed danger below.  Vabok turned to face her at a fallen log, rangy body pressed low.  He raised first one finger, then hands spread with long clawed fingers upwards, eyes to the left.  A stag, then.  She nodded, motioning to the others to circle.

She crept closer to the log, praying that her feet did not betray her.  She could smell the stag over the moldy funk of the woods.  Creeping forward around the log, she saw the stag in the clearing ahead.  Its head was down.  Vabok grinned at her with a mouthful of pointy teeth; she exposed her flat ones, years beyond embarassment about her deformities.  Kivish and Zasit drew their bows but waited until she nodded.  Arrows thunking into flesh, her axe biting deep, good rich blood pouring everywhere... the next minutes were a blur.  All four of them feasted, tearing into the good raw flesh.

Afterwards, she led the ritual, as she always did.  Taking the fresh blood, she rubbed it into her ugly reddish hair and smoothed it flat.  Each of her companions did the same, smoothing their lank black hair flat to their skulls.  When they returned, no-one would claim they had not killed; the mark of their victory would be displayed clearly in the flat bloody hair, plastered flat to their skulls.  As if the butchered haunches of meat wouldn't be evidence enough, she thought, snickering to herself.

----

After they returned to the tower, she brought the heart and liver of the stag to her mentor Em.  The aged goblin sat back on his haunches, staring at nothing.  Nothing indicated that he was a legend among the Green People, a Four-Namer, master of axes and survivor of countless battles, war leader of the Poison Flies.  More than a thousand enemies had gone down before the blade of Em Fellquested, the Ardent Tomb of Veneration.  He smiled up at her when she came in, rising creakily to his feet.  "How was the hunt, daughter?  I smell your success on the wind.  Tell me."

She knelt before him, offering him the heart and liver piled on a flat shadetree leaf, in a gesture as old as the goblins themselves.  "Flesh for you, my father.  A mighty stag was sent to our ancestors, that they might dine well in the Dark Places."
Leaning in, he sniffed deeply at the liver.  His aged hands, still powerful, tore strips from each and stuffed them into his mouth.

"Your hunt feeds your family; your blood honors your kin."  He gave the appropriate response.  Smiling down at her, he stroked her crusted bloody hair.  "Now, good manners have been satisfied.  Let us sit and eat together, and tell me of the hunt."

An hour later, the food was gone.  As they sat, Kosoth asked "Father... why am I so ugly?"  This too was a ritual.  She had asked some variation of this question a thousand times, and each time Em would look at her and give no answer at all, or make a joke of it.  This night was no exception.

"You are beautiful to me, and that is enough."  Sighing, she shook her head.  Unusually, though, tonight the old goblin continued speaking.  "I spoke with Usbu today.  The chief is very pleased with your skills.  Very pleased."  Looking up, she could see the tension in the old goblin's long fingers where they splayed against the ground.  "He wishes you to lead a different sort of hunt."

"What sort of hunt, father?"  Kosoth was confused.  "The woods are free of threats, as far as I have seen.  The keas are gone for the summer heat; our hunting grounds don't contain..."

The old goblin gestured impatiently.  "You are my daughter.  Word has gotten around that you are not only my pupil at the axe, but that you are felt to be my equal... when I was your age."  His eyes sparkled merrily, as she blushed.  "It is past time you were taught the rest of what it means to be a goblin.  You know how to hunt birds and beasts; you have heard the stories of the great battles with Titans and Ancient Ones from the elders."  She nodded uncertainly.  "There are... others.  Filthy, defiling things.  There are Tree Eaters, who look like badly deformed goblins; they eat only plants, and they sing to the trees.  They hate us because we hunt so well, and so they kill us whenever they can.  They are no threat to a goblin, though, unless we are unarmed and naked when we find them... most of them die like deer when we fight them, their weapons and clothes are made from the trees they eat.  There are also Tall Ones, they wear armor like ours, and they are vicious fighters.  They are almost as tall as the trees, and difficult to fight without bows."  The more he spoke, the more Kosoth's confusion grew.  Tree Eaters?  Tall Ones?  What were these beasts, and why had she never heard them mentioned?

"But Father... why...?"

"Why have you never seen or heard of them?"

"Yes.  As always, you understand me."

His face grew solemn.  "We only speak of them in the warrior halls.  You are to be a warrior, so it is time you knew of them."  A warrior!  This of all the news brought her a rush of pride.  At last!  "The little ones, even the young ones you lead on the hunt... they are not ready to know these things.

"The worst of the others are the Dirt Eaters.  They dig holes in the earth, cutting the trees and burning them, producing bad smells.  They grow hair all over their bodies, but wear clothes to cover them, and armor to cover that... you will never see a Dirt Eater uncovered, unless it is dying or dead."  The old goblin paused and looked away, seemingly ill-at-ease.  "They are strange creatures, but their hatred for us is as strong as our hatred for them.  They are everything a goblin should not be."

"But Father..." her confusion made her normally strong voice sound weak and reedy.  "What does this have to do with, with what I am supposed to do..."

"You hunt!"  The old goblin shouted suddenly.  She jumped, startled, as he continued.  "The filthy Dirt Eaters have dug one of their holes nearby.  You never see one Dirt Eater - there are a few to start, but then soon there are more, and more yet, and  before you know it they have overrun the whole countryside, killing the game, poisoning the water, cutting down the forests.  They breed like ants in their underground anthills.  If we leave them there, within twenty years they will be undermining our walls and starving our children of food."  He shook his head grimly.  "I had hoped to spare you, but your skills are just what we need.  I am too old.  I have been war-leader of the Poison Flies for decades.   You are younger, stronger, and your axe skills are very good."  The old goblin's black eyes bored into hers.  "Will you go?  Will you fight for your home?"

There was really only one answer.  "Of course, Father.  Never doubt me."  He relaxed visibly, and she continued "I will bring you the heads of every Dirt Eater if you wish it.  This hive will be exterminated before it spreads.  I swear it on the bones of Smunxtu the Godslayer."

She didn't know what hunting a Dirt Eater entailed, but any amount of effort was worth the praise of her Father.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2014, 01:47:29 pm »

Interesting!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One