Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Frostbites,sunstrokes etc.  (Read 895 times)

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
Frostbites,sunstrokes etc.
« on: May 19, 2014, 01:54:55 pm »

Hi there.Is there a way to mod frostbites and sunstrokes?I would prefer them to be affected by clothing and armor,for example if you wear too little clothes while on a tundra,you get a frostbite,and if you stay too much hour in the sun in a desert without some form of headwear or,even worse,you go to battle on full metal armor,you get a sunstroke.

On the same vein,is there any way to mod tropical diseases?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: Frostbites,sunstrokes etc.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 02:07:51 pm »

Regional interactions can let you make biome-specific diseases, but unfortunately it won't differentiate between temperate or tropical regions.  Clothing can't grant immunity though, unless you use DFHack.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 02:19:49 pm »

I do have regional cold-interactions for glaciers, and only fur-clothing protects you. Bit it ignores temperature (even in Magma you would feel the effect) and any piece of fur clothing is fine, be it loincloth or top hat...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 02:44:09 pm »

thanks.Meph,would you mind writing the interactions?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 04:56:05 pm »

I already did. O.o

Its in Masterwork Df. bbut it needs dfhacks itemsyndrome to work. In theory I could do sun/heatstrokes as well, but they would be regional, so even underground, which is silly. Instead I added clouds of sand thst temporarily blind units to deserts, but they are rare.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 02:59:16 am »

ok,found them.thank god i was looking for interactions,i would never be able to find a specific syndrome stone,for example.

[SYN_IMMUNE_CLASS:FUR]

if i make a similar interaction for deserds and replace the line with something like [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:METAL],where metal=anybody stupid enough to go on a battle in the desert wearing breastplate and greaves,there must be a workaround to make it apply only on the surface.maybe by making it some sort of constantly emitted gas?or would this mean that everybody within my fort would also be affected whenever somebody opened the front door,while also murdering my fps in cold blood?

by the way,how did you create the class about fur wearing people?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 08:49:46 pm »

Isn't there already Frostbite in Vanilla DF?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 08:22:11 am »

There is. The damage thresholds for flesh are so high that you don't really see it in action, though.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 08:28:45 am »

is it hardcoded or is it somewhere in the RAWs?because i can't find it...

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2014, 08:34:02 am »

Being "burned" by a low enough temperature that the material of the skin and flesh takes damage is referred to as frostbite by the health system. Screw around with the definitions in material_template_default.txt.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2014, 08:56:00 am »

oooh,now i understand.Thanks.Some screwing around,and eventually i might manage to make frostbites a genuine worry.

I also(think i) figured what Meph did with the fur clothing.So,basically,they increase recuperation and counter the damage from the cold interactions,right?

EDIT:And,of course i'm wrong...ok,got it now,i think!thanks for the help
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 09:03:07 am by than402 »