Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Does anyone have any accurate information on the situation in Venzuela?  (Read 613 times)

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile

Basically, what the Subject line says.

Here in Canada, I hear plenty of news concerning the current diplomatic travesty that is the Ukraine/Crimea (rebellion? invasion? posturing?  Depends who's reporting), but nothing about Venezuela.  In fact, if it weren't for a favourite science-based YouTube channel doing a short video on the subject, I'd probably not have heard that there was anything happening there at all.

Hopefully, my fellow forumites are more in the loop.

Please, folks, let's not let this devolve into an argument about political ideologies.  As Columbo would say, 'just the facts, ma'am.'

Links to news reports would be most appreciated.  Direct accounts from Venezuelans would be even more appreciated.
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

BBC News tends to be pretty reliable.

The latest on the unrest. If you scroll down to the "More on This Story" section there are links to related articles.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile

Thank you for the link.  Following this link was also quite informative; it's refreshing to see the BBC taking such a neutral, factual reporting stance.  Not that they don't as a rule or anything; I'm just accustomed to the heavily-slanted NA style of journalism, I guess.

Is there anyone reading this who lives in Caracas, or has friends/family there?  Does anyone know the story on the ground, as it were?

Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!