Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Curious About the compatibility for MDF to DF v40.0  (Read 2828 times)

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: Curious About the compatibility for MDF to DF v40.0
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2014, 12:49:36 pm »

The only thing that scares me about masterwork being in 40.X is that the history gen will continue after you make a fort and with so many civs, i'm afraid it's going to lag too much, and that the civs that usually die out will die out before they can make their first seige even though you made sure that they survived world gen.
Masterwork has the same amount of civs as vanilla, it's just they're different types of civs. Only the closest civ of each type will interact with a fort, but once the world is activated all the civs will do stuff, just not with your fort. Probably, I suppose it is possible that maybe you end up at war with elves that normally wouldn't interact with your fort, but I don't know if that would even work.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2014, 04:09:09 pm »

I'm trying to decide if I want to try to hack together a "raws only dwarf" version that includes the handy new workshops(block working and blast forging specifically) and the limited/new materials, just not any of the scripting stuff.  Pity that that would mean no guilds/magic/libraries though.  I'm guessing only the dwarves would have enough content that doesn't require dfhack to be worthwhile tho.

mageprince

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2014, 01:10:16 am »

@ Meph
 Yes yes i know but hey the eager beaver get's the worm or something like that right?
Pages: 1 [2]