Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Sir, You Are Being Hunted - Tweedpunk Survival Sandbox, RELEASED  (Read 6009 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted - Tweedpunk Survival Sandbox in Alpha
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2013, 06:27:26 pm »

I bought it on sale like jhxmt, been playing it a lot to day.  I've gotten pretty far on my... fourth?... run, despite not finding a weapon.  I mainly attribute my success to finding an inn fully stocked with alcohol.  Alcoholic drinks both restore a bunch of vitality, and give you an empty bottle you can throw as a distraction.  I'm 11 fragments in and having trouble dealing with dogs, who (as I said before) I cannot fight, so I basically have to run.  I'm also hovering around ~2 food items at any given moment, due to robots guarding all the houses I could loot and turning scavenging into a risky prospect.  I'm not sure if I want to keep scavenging and hope I get lucky, or rush finding all the fragments.  This is probably going to end in me getting sloppy due to starvation and getting shot at point blank.  Or running out of rags and bleeding to death.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 09:04:28 pm by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2013, 06:46:49 pm »

Anyway, that's not the main reason I dug up this thread.  There's one thing I want to say: That scarecrow, holy shit.

"I'm behind you"

I escaped, but... holy shit.  Not what I was expecting, and happened at the worst time.

Oh god yes.  It got me too.  I actually crept up behind it, not knowing what it was and wondering if it was a robot...then internally went, "Oh, good, it's just a scarecrow," and walked past it...and then, wah.

Cue a panicked fleeing through the fields (with a lot of unhelpful scarecrows in them) pursued by a band of robot hunters.  It was hilariously terrifying.
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2013, 01:50:02 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 09:04:34 pm by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Cinskiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Worlds voxel game
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2013, 04:36:28 pm »

Just because I love indie gaming, and I'm an indie game dev myself, and I find doing indie marketing super tideous, I started a series about work-in-progress games. Hunted is episode #1.

Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vSNx8IG_JM

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2013, 04:39:48 pm »

I got this recently too...
The Axe is the best weapon ever...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2014, 08:35:32 pm »

Bumping to ask: is there any way to disable motion-sick-o-vision (camera wobble/tilt) in this game? It's unplayable for me. Who tilts their head 45 degrees when they strafe? Really, some devs have some very odd ideas when it comes to first-person cameras.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2014, 08:08:03 am »

Bump to mention that version 1.0 is out.

I have my share of burn marks from early access, but 'Sir, you are being hunted' did deliver a finished game as promised.
I'm impressed how well it transfers the feeling of being hunted for sports, - I'm not sure I like that feeling, but I'm impressed and will keep playing it.
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2014, 09:27:31 pm »

How well does this game convey a feeling of being hunted?

I have always wanted a game that makes you feel like "the hunted", It would be a whole different feeling to most games (where you punch thousands of things to death as a super powerful demigod).
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2014, 02:44:44 am »

How is the game now? I see some comments dating back six months or a year that were not so good. Has it improved to the point of being worth buying?

Also, how about game requirements? Could I run it on my Core i5 lappy?
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted - Tweedpunk Survival Sandbox, RELEASED
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2014, 03:12:46 pm »

Just decided to give it another go.  The alpha wasn't exactly disappointing, it just didn't have much to do.  The ambiance seems much better in the final, the lighting and such is all great and there's crows and stuff.  So far I haven't seen a single robot which makes it much tenser somehow.

Edit, found a group of robots.  I don't want to spoil anything but their behavior is freaking me out.  They're...  showing off...  their trophies...

edit what the fuck was that.

oh shit run

It's still too early to make a definite judgment but the game seems more intriguing.  The robots behave more naturally and there's new stuff.  A couple of the scarier things have been ruined in the thread (thanks for making it obvious what the "scariest enemy in the game" is and what it does, guys)  but I've seen some things I reallyd on't know about.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 03:28:51 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...
Pages: 1 2 [3]