Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mod That Fixes the game.  (Read 3469 times)

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mod That Fixes the game.
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2014, 02:05:28 pm »

Shamlessly plugging this mod.

But yeah, this should provide you with the missing features + make everything visitable in adventure mode + off bugfixes/performance increase.
Mostly though the game isn't so much buggy as it is unfinished.

It says that it makes all sites visitable except for dwarves.

Forgot about that. Taking the dwarves out of the mountains and into regions they could actually build cities wreacked havoc with their population density though. It's best to just pick out a dwarven fortress and visit that if you need the armor.

But yeah, the next release is in the bugfixing stage. If you're optimistic we have a few months to wait.
If you just set dwarves to "City" they can build cities inside the mountains.

Except that placing cities in mountains causes headaches for adventure mode because you can't enter fast travel while in mountains.

Yes but a head ache is better than not being able to have dwarf cities in adventure mode at all, right?

Manveru Taurënér

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2014, 02:10:11 pm »

But yeah, this should provide you with the missing features + make everything visitable in adventure mode + off bugfixes/performance increase.

Forgot about that. Taking the dwarves out of the mountains and into regions they could actually build cities wreacked havoc with their population density though. It's best to just pick out a dwarven fortress and visit that if you need the armor.

But yeah, the next release is in the bugfixing stage. If you're optimistic we have a few months to wait.

A few months would be the pessimist's estimate really. The optimistic estimate would be in a week or two.
People have been saying that for years, We will be lucky if we get it before 2015 at this rate.

You (and they) must not have been reading the dev log much? ^^

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2014, 02:13:46 pm »

A few months would be the pessimist's estimate really. The optimistic estimate would be in a week or two.
People have been saying that for years, We will be lucky if we get it before 2015 at this rate.

You (and they) must not have been reading the dev log much? ^^

:3  did he recently promise to have it out vary soon? I WAS reading the devlog for the first year or so but then I sorta gave up cause it was clear the next one wasnt coming out soon, haha now its 2014 and we still dont have it so it was a good call.
I wonder why he doesnt just upload small updates like he use too, with just a little more each time and bugfixes until its complete.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2014, 02:14:20 pm »

XD  The amount of time its taking him you would think he was making a sequel!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2014, 02:18:32 pm »

The edit button. Please use it :(
It's FEF, not FEOF

Manveru Taurënér

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2014, 02:24:10 pm »

Toady finished the last feature of the release last week and is now in the bugfixing phase. How long it'll take is anyone's guess, but previous releases have been between a few days and 2 months at most after feature completion, iirc.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2014, 02:15:12 pm »

If you just set dwarves to "City" they can build cities inside the mountains.

Except that placing cities in mountains causes headaches for adventure mode because you can't enter fast travel while in mountains.

Yes but a head ache is better than not being able to have dwarf cities in adventure mode at all, right?

All worlds I gen'd with dwarves having cities have never managed to build a dwarf city in the mountains. I'm not sure what's with that, because other people have definitely got it working.
I'd be fixing it but at this point the mod is going to be obsolete soon anyway.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2014, 04:18:50 pm »

Yeah man. You gotta read the devlogs every day. I wake up every morning and the first thing I do is check this website.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Bandreus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2014, 12:05:56 pm »

Is this turning in a duplicate of this other thread from the same author?
Check out Enôrbomrek: Bluewhips a community fort and story by me.
Clearly, our top dwarven scientists are hard at work creating a new breed of SUPER WAGON that can survive being scuttled by enemy wagonmancers! These new super wagon troopers will be able to carry TWICE the cargo, be 1/3 the size, and NEVER scuttle!

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2014, 05:27:41 am »

A quick  and easy fix for the Dwarf mountian city thing: set the preferred settlement type from MOUNTAIN to LAND_ANY
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

Skuggen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2014, 12:43:56 am »

Since the main issue here seems to be that adventure mode is lacking, I'd recommend waiting for the next release (though it's sure to be really buggy at first), as there are a lot of improvements that'll affect adventure mode.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2014, 06:09:46 pm »

:3  did he recently promise to have it out vary soon? I WAS reading the devlog for the first year or so but then I sorta gave up cause it was clear the next one wasnt coming out soon, haha now its 2014 and we still dont have it so it was a good call.
I wonder why he doesnt just upload small updates like he use too, with just a little more each time and bugfixes until its complete.

Not around for 2012 or 2010, I take it? IIRC 60% of the entire time of DF's existence has been spent in long hiatuses such as these (pre 31.01 being the second longest at just over 600 days).

Check it out.
Pages: 1 [2]