Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Learning bug in latest version?  (Read 2671 times)

Liberal Elitist

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm more liberal than you are!
    • View Profile
    • The Liberal Crime Squad wiki
Re: Learning bug in latest version?
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2014, 07:33:04 pm »

I've added driving to the list. 
Hardmode driving gives 5-skill for daily driving, and 20-skill during carchases.
Stealth and Disguise get trained at classic rates, but only if you fail the roll and get caught by a single pip of the dice.
Security only goes up if you fail to unlock the door, but get the "almost but not quite" message.

Due to the extra game setting, it isn't savegame compatible, so I bumped the version numbers up one.

Ugh.   No thanks.

Don't worry, I set the version numbers back again, since SuicideJunkie added this feature in revision 846. Since 4.07.4 beta was the last release, current SVN versions have the version number 4.07.5 beta. Once 4.07.5 beta officially gets released (IN THE FUTURE) we can increase the SVN version number to 4.07.6 beta. But SuicideJunkie's new feature is there.

I should note that SVN versions ROUTINELY break savegame compatibility, in fact about half of 'em do this... bumping the version number every time that happens isn't a good idea. Right now the revision number is 852 so this change by SuicideJunkie happened several revisions ago (my fixes since then are mostly things that I discovered as problems while working with SlatersQuest on xyr Terra Vitae mod which are problems in the vanilla game, such as incorrect build directions for Mac OS X, VP tiebreaking votes happening at the wrong times, alphabetizing the one item that wasn't alphabetized, various files that should ALWAYS have UNIX-style line endings only having them on UNIX-based systems and not on Windows so if a Windows user like me downloads source code and shares a modified version with a UNIX-based OS user now the Autoconf and Automake scripts will work, and incorporating bugfixes and enhancement that were in the Terra Vitae mod that make sense to apply to the vanilla game since they are not specific to that mod and fix or improve things in the vanilla game, improving the display of options screens for new game creation especially the new options screen for skill rate increases that SuicideJunkie added, as well as reverting the version number back to 4.07.5 beta). Those are my changes from revisions 848 thru 852.

There is currently a known problem with character display on Mac OS X which SlatersQuest has noticed but I haven't received enough feedback to know how to fix it since I'm on Windows, I would also be interested in knowing whether special characters display properly on Linux (I haven't yet received feedback on whether this character display issue was fixed on Linux or is still present on that operating system). Since I use GCC on Windows inside the Code::Blocks IDE along with MinGW, SlatersQuest uses GCC on Mac OS X, and Linux users use GCC, well we are all using the same compiler. But on Mac OS X apparently GCC gives warnings about illegal characters which do not occur on Windows. Right now on Windows GCC doesn't give any warnings at all, as I am always careful to fix anything that causes compiler warnings. I'd be interested to know whether GCC gives any warnings on Linux and whether the extended characters (line-drawing characters, characters with accents over them, etc.) are displayed properly in current SVN builds (which is to say revision 852 at present, or the newest revision if any newer ones come out).
The Liberal Crime Squad wiki is your friend.

Quote from: Lielac
Edit: Figured it out via a little bit of trial and error and oH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT THE HECK IS IT SPACEBALLS MUSIC? WHATEVER IT IS IT IS MAGICAL

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2014, 07:55:13 pm »

Special characters display properly. The GCC compiler doesn't like them, though (it spews out warning messages).

Liberal Elitist

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm more liberal than you are!
    • View Profile
    • The Liberal Crime Squad wiki
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2014, 01:24:27 am »

Special characters display properly. The GCC compiler doesn't like them, though (it spews out warning messages).

LOL I think you are actually using Clang but you think you are using GCC... it seems this is a Clang warning message: see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14717356/xcode-4-6-4h127-clang-complains-of-illegal-character-encoding-for-upper-ascii... if that is the same warning message you get you are using Clang. :P

GCC does not have any error message about this sort of thing, actually. I believe you are mistaken about which compiler you are using. Clang likes to masquerade as GCC and it is designed to function as a plug-in replacement for GCC. Apple did this change in a recent version of XCode, replacing GCC with Clang, and trying to make things look the same. ;)
The Liberal Crime Squad wiki is your friend.

Quote from: Lielac
Edit: Figured it out via a little bit of trial and error and oH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT THE HECK IS IT SPACEBALLS MUSIC? WHATEVER IT IS IT IS MAGICAL

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2014, 08:28:15 am »

Argh - I will look for that and see if I can change it in the config file. If it is... grumble...

Thanks for the heads-up.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2014, 08:57:42 pm »

The "No thanks" was to SuicideJunkie's new feature.  I'm not particularly concerned re version numbers.

SuicideJunkie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2014, 11:51:53 pm »

Regarding the version numbers; righto, now I know.

KA101:
The alternative would be fast-only, and full levelups to max ninja safecracker spies with just a week worth of knocking on the first door in the university apartments just doesn't appeal to me.
And when adding the option for classic mode, why not add an alternative anti-grind measure while you're there?

"Hard mode" is certainly not for everyone (not even me half the time, I suspect), but its an option for just that reason.

Pages: 1 [2]