Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Graphics for certain creatures not working  (Read 441 times)

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Graphics for certain creatures not working
« on: May 01, 2014, 10:09:03 pm »

Alright, I have Dwarf Fortress with the Obsidian/Phoebus graphics set. Everything was going pretty well, I've been modding it for a while and always making sure to check for and fix any errors, so I still have an empty errorlog. However, then I added the Fear the Night creatures, and also made a pair of desert-dwelling elf races.

Now, my problem is that the graphics for those are all wonky. For the creatures added by Fear the Night, it usually just shows a portion (not a whole, just a portion) of a... bluish zombie sprite that I don't even remember having in my graphics folder. For the desert-dwelling elves (they use slight color variations of a single sand elf sprite sheet I made by heavily editing Beefmo's humans), they just look like tan-colored bottles.

Here are the sprite sheets that don't seem to be working.

First, the graphics for the FTN creatures that I kept (I deleted the fiends, and the orbs since I thought they were kind of lame) and that aren't ghouls or mummies.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here are the ghouls

And the mummies

Those all show up as, like I said, portions of a blue zombie sprite that I've never even seen.

Now, here are the graphics for those elves I mentioned. First, the Sand Elves.

And then the Waste Elves, which are basically Sand Elves who've been driven into evil wastelands and have a caste of necromancers.

They all appear as tan-colored bottles. It's kinda sad because I kinda like what I did with the Sand Elf shields and wanted to see them ingame.

Can anyone help?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 10:14:17 pm by Dunmeris »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Graphics for certain creatures not working
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 01:58:30 am »

Did you remember to create graphics raws for the elves? They need more than just a sprite sheet.

Partial graphics or missing graphics may be a sign that the dimensions listed in the graphics raws are incorrect.

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Graphics for certain creatures not working
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 02:36:01 am »

Did you remember to create graphics raws for the elves? They need more than just a sprite sheet.

Partial graphics or missing graphics may be a sign that the dimensions listed in the graphics raws are incorrect.

Oh my God, that's exactly what it was. Thank you so much, that seems to have fixed it. Honestly I had no idea what the DIM things even did.