Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Replicas  (Read 765 times)

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
Replicas
« on: April 15, 2014, 09:35:20 pm »

So, in Minecraft many people use the game to recreate famous landmarks from the real world and from other games.

So, has anyone ever used Dwarf Fortress to attempt recreating any famous structures? I know that I used it to recreate the Temple of Time from Twilight Princess.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Linkxsc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Replicas
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 12:09:16 am »

I've read of some players doing just that. However its usually not as publicized as minecraft stuffs. Simply because people have a bit of trouble envisioning 3d structures out of 2d planes. Actually in all honesty i often use mc to plan out my df structures, although i use bots and mods to input the commands.

Would really like to see a bot that could pull a dorf fort into minecraft in a 1x3 or 1x4 scale (1 dorf square equals 3 or 4 in mc. Basically gives space for the player to walk inside of things)

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 08:55:30 am »

Pretty sure there is a minecraft to DF mod of some sort like that.
Can't remember the name, just mabey google it.
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

Linkxsc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 01:02:12 pm »

Pretty sure there is a minecraft to DF mod of some sort like that.
Can't remember the name, just mabey google it.
There used to be 1 back in the pre alpha when you had limited terrain. However it stopped being supported when they went infinite

FrankMcFuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished Cat Cooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 10:56:55 pm »

Would really like to see a bot that could pull a dorf fort into minecraft in a 1x3 or 1x4 scale (1 dorf square equals 3 or 4 in mc. Basically gives space for the player to walk inside of things)

I wouldn't. I've found out from stonesense that everything I make looks awful in 3D but amazing in my mind.
Urist cancels rest injury: Too injured

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 03:18:17 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=69186.msg1670894#msg1670894

I made Winterfell from A Song of Ice and Fire, or Game of Thrones a while back. This was before the HBO series came out so all I had to go on was the books, artists renditions and my imagination but there ya go.
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531