Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Heart Forth Alicia: Kickstarting now: Metroidvania (SOTN-like?) with a Wizard  (Read 1361 times)

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1184202489/heart-forth-alicia/    (and fully funded already)

Quote from: kickstarter
At Heart Forth, Alicia's core is an ode to the classics. Remember the electrifying gameplay of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, the expansive worlds of the Zelda games, and the rich, engaging story of Xenogears? This game is crafted in the spirit of those great adventures of the '90s.

Looks like a fairly smooth metroidvania (have seen this one before a long time ago, just wondered when they would push for the final run).  Apparently they are also being published by Chucklefish. 

Seems to have leveling mechanics / equipment finding / potion popping / stats / etc.  Sorta getting a Ys vibe.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 03:02:04 pm by Moghjubar »
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile

The trailer shocked the hell out of me when I watched it. I looked at it thinking it had a pretty cutesy pixelated style, and then suddenly a guy exploded and I just sat there with my mouth agape for a bit.

In other words, I am definitely interested!

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend

Well, they've gone thru a few stretch goals by now, with apparently a PS4 and an OSX / Linux release now planned as well (and another stretch goal for a Vita release later).

Of actual note: "Update 9: Introducing Manami Matsumae, composer of Mega Man, Mighty No. 9, and more!"

Quote from: Kickstarter
Q1: What made you like the game? What made you think “This is cool, I want to work on it”?

このゲームの映像を見た時、「なんて、綺麗な2Dドット絵なの!そして、優しくどこか懐かしい感じがするゲームだ。」と感じました。 私は以前、Dragon Quest Swordsでオーケストラ風な曲を書いたのですが、久しぶりに「オケ風な曲を書きたい!」と思わせる映像でした。

"When I saw the game trailer, I thought to myself, "Wow, those are 2D pixels? They look so pretty, and yet this game reminds me of the old days of gaming." When I worked on Dragon Quest Swords, I wrote music that was orchestra-like in nature, and watching the trailer made me want to do just that again after such a long time."

Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Mastodon

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend

5 days left (last bump from me I suppose).

They've gone thru a few more stretch goals (OST Instruments the latest) and next few ones look like more ports/music stuff.

Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Mastodon