Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Plant VS zombies GARDEN WARFARE!!! (What an original name...)  (Read 1362 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So... i have no clue about the game if its good or not i havent played it. But seriously... after 72 CoD they are going 72 plant vs zombie by chucking up the same naming convention as CoD?

Im trying to understand here... is it so hard to at least TRY to be original in their name if they cant be in their game? Im swamped... i just had to come here and vent a bit, i saw that name pop half a second in an ad on a website i was browsing and even tho i didnt know it was EA behind it i SUSPECTED it as soon i saw.... garden warfare....

Am i wrong to be loosing faith about the direction big company are taking? About having the feeling they are plainly looking out only for money? They dont seem to be even remotly trying to be innovative... unless we are talking about graphics.... Frack even naming of 2 SEPARATED game type, lore, hell everything is sharing the same naming convention than their milk-cow....

Cant wait for Plant VS zombie Black TulOPS......
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Plant VS zombies GARDEN WARFARE!!! (What an original name...)
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 02:21:17 pm »

Seeing as it's a rather humour centric game, I'm assuming they're going for parody with the name.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 09:57:04 pm »

Well... i think ive reached a point where i hardly see humor anymore... thank you for pointing that out.
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 10:41:58 pm »

I'll be straight up: PvZ Black TulOPs would be something I would consider a fairly witty title. They should go with that for the next one.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 11:12:27 pm »

is it fun?
I got nothing

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 11:29:37 pm »

Are you actually basing all those assumptions off a name?

Think about it. "Garden Warfare." It makes sense. Plants and Zombies can easily be associated with gardens, and the main game is based on warfare. Hence the "Warfare" name. Additionally, the name helps people associate it as a FPS, instead of another TD-type P&Z game. Just because their name can be considered similar to the name of a game you don't like, doesn't mean P&Z automatically inherits every aspect of the game you don't like.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 11:34:32 pm »

Oh my, what has the world come to?
http://www.pvzgardenwarfare.com/

I dunno, looks cute.

EDIT: what I mean to say is, that maybe it is nice to have a multiplayer shooter experience for younger people that doesnt involve such realistic violence, weapons, and themes.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 11:44:19 pm by ductape »
I got nothing

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 10:53:14 pm »

Are you actually basing all those assumptions off a name?

Think about it. "Garden Warfare." It makes sense. Plants and Zombies can easily be associated with gardens, and the main game is based on warfare. Hence the "Warfare" name. Additionally, the name helps people associate it as a FPS, instead of another TD-type P&Z game. Just because their name can be considered similar to the name of a game you don't like, doesn't mean P&Z automatically inherits every aspect of the game you don't like.
Was more about modern warfare guarden warfare, changing only a very small spoken syllable? hate being french cant find the right word. But going the humor side of the coin its somewhat acceptable but i dont know... still coming from EA? I just feel uneasy, they are just shady 90% of the time and i feel like they are throwing another shady move here.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2014, 11:16:16 pm »

This game is an absolute blast, and *by far* the best shooter of this generation to be released so far. Hands down.

Highly asymmetric teams, a variety of classes each with their own special abilities, and a nice assortment of levels and game modes (especially the really awesome title-giving garden warfare mode) make it an absolute joy to play.

I tend to play the chomper - a piranha plant with a short range goop spit and a devastating melee attack. He also as the ability to dive underground and swim around, until placing himself below the enemy for a "leap through the concrete of the street" landshark style insta-kill.