Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Community][RP] Moonarmor, the Black Arm  (Read 1515 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
[Community][RP] Moonarmor, the Black Arm
« on: March 21, 2014, 03:46:38 pm »

Decided to create a special type of hybrid community roleplaying game with a new mod that I'm currently working on until the new release of DF, This decision came to me when I was making this mod and that a great deal of my friends are avid DnD players and overhearing how their roleplayed games went, and seeing how a good deal of games on here are in the aspect of roleplay why not combine both?

Here is the detailed layout of the game will work:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

tl;dr quick run over (and lacking) layout of gameplay.
  • Pick a solider and start as a Private, free 20 units, 1 squad
  • Rank up with kills, missions, deeds, suggestions. And make money.
  • Join up with other players and rank up together, or hinder them through deeds
  • 3 actions per season (12 per year), actions are for deeds
  • Deeds are managed through PM's to me, unless it's a global deed.
  • Conversations in roleplay are welcome

Character Sheet: (with examples)
Owner:Hugo the DwarfThe Master
Name:Hugo Derai:001Franko Hanzel:002
Description:A short but burly man, strong belief in loyalty and justice. Shown signs of leadership at a young age, and has shown courage countless times over several skirmishes against the federation.After graduating cadet school with the highest grades in his class, he was chosen to be squad leader of The Screaming Children and some question his sanity, and rumors are that his squad is as insane as he is.
Units:5020

=:Ranks:=
General 16
(very rare/lucky to get this rank,
GM holds it unless DF thinks otherwise
)
Lieutenant General 15
(special)
Major General 14
(special)
Brigadier General 13
(special)
Colonel 12
(2 spots, 20 troops,
extra subordinate squad
)
[14,762,250 points]
Lieutenant Colonel 11
(4 spots, 20 troops,
extra subordinate squad
)
[4,920,750 points]
Major 10
(extra subordinate squad)
[1,640,250 points]
Captain 9
[546,750 points]
Lieutenant 8
(extra subordinate squad,
request personal base
)
[182,250 points]
Sergeant Major 7
[60,750 points]
First Sergeant 6
[20,250 points]
Master Sergeant 5
[6,750 points]
Staff Sergeant 4
(extra subordinate squad)
[2,250 points]
Sergeant 3
[750 points]
Corporal 2
[250 points]
Private 1
[Starter Rank]
=:Upgrades/Costs:=
Cyborg
(regular humanoid body)
[Cost 15,000 credits]
Cyborg War Machine
[Cost 50,000 credits]
  • Right arm equiped with autocannon
  • Ripper chainsaw left arm
Cyborg Death Machine
[Cost 50,000 credits]
  • Right arm equiped with autocannon
  • Multiple Destroyer rocket launcher, left
Cyborg Hellfire
[Cost 50,000 credits]
  • Dual chain cannons
  • Dual rocket launchers
Concrete Blocks
[Cost 50 credits per block]
Units
[Cost 500 credits per unit]

Deeds and other credit related tasks will vary on cost

=:Ways to Rank Up/Down:=
Kills
(player kills)
[50 points]
Kills
(from subordinates)
[10 points]
Suggestions
(that work)
[100+ points (varies)]
Missions
(special ones)
[Points (depends on special mission)]

Failing missions, and some deeds can have a varying amount of rank point loss
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 09:48:13 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
Players and Unit screen captures
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 03:46:56 pm »

Owner:Hugo_The_DwarfThe Master
Name/ID:Hugo Derai:001Franko Hanzel:002
Description:A short but burly man, strong belief in loyalty and justice.
Shown signs of leadership at a young age, and has shown courage
countless times over several skirmishes against the federation.
After graduating cadet school with the highest grades in his class,
he was chosen to be squad leader of The Screaming Children and some
question his sanity, and rumors are that his squad is as insane as he is.
Units:5020

Owner:4maskwolf
Name/ID:n/a:003
Description:n/a
Units:20

Owner:
Name/ID:
Description:
Units:

World Map
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 06:12:44 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
Season End Summaries and Story posts
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 03:47:26 pm »

« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 05:43:06 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
Reserve
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 03:47:46 pm »

-reserve-

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: [Community][RP] Moonarmor, the Black Arm
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 09:58:37 pm »

I... totally missed this when you first posted it.  MY apologies.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 11:37:26 am »

Thats fine, I'm doing a turn in WilledAbyss but once I'm done i'm going to get this started. The Master messaged me his character sheet through skype, you can post your character here or PM doesn't matter, and I'll update the proper posts.

I'm like close to mid winter so my turn is almost up.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2014, 01:32:39 pm »

The snow was thick and obscured vision up to 7' ahead, the blizzard was a nightmare to navigate through let alone impossible to follow the guiding markers, they where nothing but faint blue wisps in this whiteout. "Major! I don't think we can make it back to the base, we already lost too many men!" the squad leader was barely audible from the howling wind, looking back it seems our squad of 20 was now reduced to a team of 5 from the weather "Bloody hell" I muttered to myself, I never asked for this mission and I don't think the other squad leaders asked for it either.

I still remember waking up that morning to the synthetic beep of the wall communicator, sensing my movement from my bunk the screen buzzed on to show the recorded message of the general's secretary "Good morning Major, General Gear has an important assignment for you and your squad. Your destination is to the southern arctic to establish a outpost, the mission is classified as Moonarmor and the main objective is to investigate strange activity reported from a nearby cave. Two other units have been sent to assist, as we believe that a fallen part of the ARK that our ancestors lived on centuries age landed here. But it's mysterious disappearance has raised an alarm, this technology cannot fall into the hands of the Gemini. You are to report to the hanger in 08:00 hours." This was the start of the worse day of my life.

Up ahead was what looked like the outer outposts walls, a lone figure stood sentinel atop the wall sweeping the area with binoculars and when we were spotted the figure lowered the binoculars and clapped it's hands in excitement disappearing in the base. When we got closer the red light above the steel double doors turned green followed by a buzz and slid open revealing two bundled up figures, they came out and helped drag the rest of us in, it wasn't much warmer but at least the wind was muffled by the concrete walls "So you are the other unit, welcome to me humble home. Took me a few days and most of me unit, but we got this place built up real quick." was a bit hard to understand him with the scarf around his face, he pulled it down can began talking once again "I'm Franko and you must be the other two units, in case you were wondering I lead the Screaming Children, and mind you it wasn't the cold that got me boys, no. It was those damn bugs. Out of all the places I didn't think I'd see them here, it's blistering cold out 'ere, cold enough to freeze my beard off." this place wasn't much, but it's home. For now.

Summary:
Hugo and the "4th Masked Wolves" finally arrived at "the Black Arm" for the mission of" Moonarmor"
Hugo only has himself
The Screaming Children number '2' in total, Franko and Lisa, Franko's GF
4th Masked Wolves number '4' in total, their leader hasn't come forth yet with a name, quiet bunch they are.

The outpost has 7 soldiers currently deployed, transmissions have been received that reinforcements are en route

Reminder, No one has used any of their 3 actions for the season of spring.
Base Layout

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2014, 09:58:34 pm »

• Hugo
  • Franko
  • Unknown 4th Masked Wolf Leader

"What do you see Franko? Think HQ got the transmissions?" Franko had a blank expression like he was off in another world, suddenly he struck a pose while lifting the binoculars up to his face "If the mad can dream, the dead can sing." humming before Hugo could ask what that even meant "Oh look some of our peacekeeper brothers made it, quite lucky that the storms have let up. Else we may have to go find some bod-sicles. he he-he" letting the binoculars drop to his chest he clapped his hands together in rapid succession and skipped down to the main doors.

As the new arrivals showed up, a mix of green cadets; recruits. And some soldiers of a year or two, all looking mildly uncomfortable due to the cold "Alright listen up maggots, this ain't a girl scouts summer retreat, far from it. You all are lucky that you got to travel here when it was good, the rest of us had to brave the storm. Most of us didn't survive, and I doubt the lot of you won't live long either here. We already lost quite a few to bugs, and the cold. So don't let your guard down for a second." the nameless lead of the wolves had a clipboard in hand and was taking the names of the new arrivals as he was doing this Franko was inspecting them one by one, sometimes even sniffing them like a dog would and eerily when the list was done he shuffled hopped over and snatched it from the wolf leader's hands and scribbled on it and handing it back, in which he promptly skipped to the mines. "Ok you six are under Hugo's command, you three with me, the rest of you. Well you've been selected by private Franko, better find him if you can."

"Alright everyone, grab a rifle and suit up. As you probably heard it's dangerous out here, more dangerous then where you came from. It's not just the Federation out here, it's bugs too and maybe something else if scans say anything about it. I don't want anyone dying on my watch, if you do I'll bring you back to life and kill you myself, am I understood!" "SIR, YES, SIR!"

Bit short but decided to cut through a whole year of boring time progression, nothing really happened other then one guy died and his body rotted to nothing before I could get a machine to bring him back, so 1 official death.
All three players now have 7 units each in a squad, still arming all of them with guys, might have to buy more kevlar and spectra to complete the combat gear but that will probably be from the traders later on.
Replicators have made roughly 9 units, just got to wait for them to mature.

Lower left room - Replication Chamber
Lower right room - Hospital/temp weapon storage room/temp meeting hall
large middle room - courtyard
-hole in middle room - ice mine and quarry (currently the recyclers and workshops are down there)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 03:25:09 pm »

I'm in.

"Private" Moonbeam Parse:

The Parse Clan were known hippies, tree-huggers and eco-terrorists.  When his enclave was hit by a stray ICBM during "Clan maneuvers", Moonbeam knew that he was on somebody's shit list, so he turned in his homespun beret and armored vest covered with anti-radar witty slogan buttons for a uniform and enlistment contract.  Growing up in a clan of militant forest rangers had its perks - boot camp was a breeze (Well, except for that "love-in" fiasco.  Apparently "normal" people like sleep by themselves... Weirdos.)  After that whole bit was straightened out, he quickly took over his training cadre during field exercises, excelling in stealth, guerrilla and culinary warfare.  (When you gotta move and fight at a moment's notice, it's good for morale to burp up a well made meal every now and again.  The person that excels at cooking keeps the men fighting instead of running.)

Moonbeam Parse will soon have enough clout to punish whoever let that missile target his enclave, and maybe he'll just rebuild "Moonbeam Enclave" right here next to his billet...

Skills:
"Sneaking", "Fighting", "Cooking", "Brewing"
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 03:28:31 pm by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2014, 10:00:11 am »

Alright I'll add you in, I mentioned in the recruitment thread that I will be making a new fort, and I did. I just have to redo the OP and clear what I did. I'm going to run the fort for a year or two just so I have  enough units to "give" to everyone, I know I had "The Master" and "4maskwolf" but they seem to be busy elsewhere. So It's just you (Timeless Bob, btw nice character you posted) and Spear (when he posts I'll add him in)