Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Unlikely Heroes [Post-Apocalyptic/Fantasy] [0/4]  (Read 1178 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Unlikely Heroes [Post-Apocalyptic/Fantasy] [0/4]
« on: April 16, 2014, 07:09:35 pm »

Earth [2000 Years Later]

The various wars of Old Earth has broken the land. The sky is clouded, blocking out the sun and stars and moon, letting in the barest of light. Fertile soil holds the same value as diamonds. The beasts warped and maddened, the plants tough and thorny, the water blighted and poisonous. Humanity fled underground, hiding from their own destruction. A few centuries ago they resurfaced, hoping to find once more the paradise of Earth. But they were met with a barren boneyard. Nevertheless, they persevered. They built settlements, which grew into cities, which grew into great kingdoms. Such was their determination.

The world is harsh, its inhabitants harsher, people are more tough than in Old Earth, but less civilized, willing to do anything to survive. They built four great fortress-kingdoms, on the four corners of the continent. No one knows if there are any living humans anywhere else in the world, but in each kingdom they know they have neighbors, vying for fertile land and clean water. The four kingdoms have a long history, and have created many things that only they know how to make, such as the scale armor of Drakus, the city of flame. They say that all arms slide off the magically forged steel scales.

You four are the most unlikely of people to have grouped together. No one would have expected this. Which character are you?

Pick a character sheet [You can add your own backstory, but the template should remain the same:
Spoiler: The Headhunter (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Psychopath (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Crimeboss (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Dishonored (click to show/hide)

Pick a starting Kingdom:

Spoiler: The Garden (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Blightport (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Moving City (click to show/hide)

This is not first-come, first-served. I will pick the best four sheets, and the rest will be on the waitlist. Game will start around tomorrow-ish.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Unlikely Heroes [Post-Apocalyptic/Fantasy] [0/4]
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 07:10:36 pm »

Reserved
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 07:46:53 pm »

Name: Celia 'The Woman' Madison
Appearance: She stands at only 4'6" tall, with long graying hair that still showed remnants of it's jet black origin, and reaches well past her shoulders. Her skin shows some sings of wrinkling, and her face more than the rest of her. Her dark brown eyes most often adopt a stern expression, but her face lightens to a caring smile for those within her syndicate. Her aged appearance is contradicted by the fair amount of muscle tone throughout her body. Though her muscles are not developed to the point of visible musculature, Celia has been known to hold her own in a sword fight.
Backstory/Personality: Celia grew up on the streets, protecting herself from the unwanted advances of older men. One of the first skills she sought was that of the sword, and she has honed and maintained that skill over her lifetime. Using the sword first as protection, she soon learned to use it as a way to assert authority over others. Developing a small following, she began interfering with trade between the kingdoms for her own benefit. Well placed bribes to some guards let her overwhelm others, building up her wealth. But she remained close to her roots, living near the streets that the poor lived on, the heart of crime in any city. The people living on those streets are her people, and her caring smiles for them are far from a charade. She wants to organize these disenfranchised members of all four kingdoms into a crime network whereby they can reclaim their importance in the world.
Goal: Develop a crime network which spans all four kingdoms and surpasses the extent of any spy network of those kingdoms.
Skills:
Sword [Proficient]
Leader [Proficient] [Two followers]
Bartering [Proficient]
Bribing [Proficient]
Lore [Kingdoms]

Starting kingdom: Blightport

((Question: Is that the starting kingdom for all four, or just me? If it's just me, meaning I'm guaranteed to be in it, I can expand my sheet a little with that in mind. Also, just let me know if anything I've written is against your lore, since it seems like you already have these characters mildly outlined.))

My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 07:49:52 pm »

RESERVED
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 07:55:28 pm »

The starting kingdom will be the one with the highest votes among the four players. If there is no winner, then you can discuss it. You can still write that Blightport was your hometown, but if it isn't chosen as the starting kingdom you won't get the starting items.

For the lore, it's pretty good. I'm fine with any kind of background as long as it's not: 1. I was born with wizard powers. 2. I am the chosen one. 3. Aliens brought me here etc.
Dying of laughter?

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 07:59:53 pm »

PTW.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 08:28:58 pm »

Reserved.

Spoiler: Head Hunter. (click to show/hide)

I don't mind where we end up.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 08:07:22 am by PewdsRocks »
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 08:52:41 pm »

Spoiler: Fraser Seymour (click to show/hide)

Kingdom: Drakus

(Doing my normal thing where I make my character mysterious, and reveal the backstory over time. Hope it doesn't backfire.)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

VinnieTheDead

• Bay Watcher
  • i ain't worried bout nothin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 09:21:17 pm »

That backstory was really weird to write because I was busy while I was writing it woops. It may not be coherent.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 09:22:59 pm by VinnieTheDead »
Quote from: Broteam
anything that's not shootin at what i'm shootin at becomes what i'm shootin at

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 06:59:36 pm »

« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 07:44:00 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2014, 07:35:26 pm »

I hope it isn't too late to apply.

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2014, 03:31:39 am »

Okay, that's three different sheets. Hopefully one of them will prove compelling enough to include. Will possibly add a Headhunter as well if I have a compelling idea.

Kingdom: Blightport
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 09:41:47 am by Harry Baldman »