Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goblins,elves and humans  (Read 609 times)

Rum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Goblins,elves and humans
« on: April 10, 2014, 07:45:46 pm »

So it is well known behavior that goblins kidnap and raise children of other races, but checking legends you will find many (a couple) individuals settling in towns that do not belong to their species. 

IE I just found a goblin who settled in a human town voluntarily, never been a member of a goblin civ who participated in the humans attack of local goblins.  Coincidentally killing the abducted dwarf responsible for murdering the goblins two non-goblin leaders, a demon and an elf.

So, in fort mode these other races will NEVER show up in immigration waves correct?  Is there a work around for that?  More importantly if i modded goblins to be playable would abducted sentients ever arrive?  Will this be fixed in the nesxt release? ty for help

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goblins,elves and humans
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 08:10:03 pm »

The city/forest retreat/mtn. hall/human town was conquered by that civilization and. That goblin mentioned was born and raised under human rule when his parents home was conquered. And no they will not arrive in migration waves. They will come as refuges/travlers/soldiers traveling through the land.
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"
Devotes several hours a day making vampires an endangered species.

TruePikachu

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished System Administrator
    • View Profile
    • cDusto (my personal server)
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 08:52:20 pm »

There might be a workaround, but I wouldn't recommend it, as the game might not register them as being a member of your fort. It only expects dwarves to be members right now
He likes Pokémon, composing ≡«☼characters☼»≡, Windows for its compatability, Linux for its security, and Pikachu for its electric capabilities. When possible, he prefers to consume pasta. He absolutely detests Apple.

Torrenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 08:56:09 pm »

So... no different from the era of Cacame

Shucks.
//Torrenal

Rum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 09:49:39 pm »

cross fingers this will change in next update!  whats the point of goblin fortress without dwarven slaves??=/