Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vampires...  (Read 4252 times)

ond_magiker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vampires...
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2014, 01:53:47 pm »

Vampires deserves nothing more - or less - than eternal meaningless toil. The simplest task for them is probably pulling a lever on repeat in a locked room, but it's easy to come up with more Sisyphean ideas: forever hauling stones between stockpiles or guiding a minecart up and down a hill.

In my current fort I'm planning on keeping vampires isolated, but with occasional access to the bedrooms of naughty nobles.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2014, 07:45:27 pm »

I recommend a vampire bookkeeper locked in his own area (but with a pick and weapons just in case).
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Manikinator

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Urist McManiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2014, 04:06:05 pm »

Whoa... So i killed a perfectly healthy dwarf then?

I swear that dwarf killed people in my fortress.

But maybe it wasn't a vampyre, maybe it was only a bad dwarf.

Damn...
The Manikinator

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2014, 11:45:10 pm »

I have a hammer lord vampire that is kept in a nice little room next to the pits running along the sides of the trapped catwalk entrance to my fortress. There she sits waiting to properly great any unwelcome visitors who dodge the weapons traps above and fall into her lair. I gave her a nice set of masterwork steel armor and and a masterwork silver hammer to keep her happy and clothed for all eternity. Unfortunately I have been rather careless with her in the past. I didn't mind her snacking on some peasants, but when she ate the fort's only legendary mechanic and I was not pleased. I've since learned to never to take my eyes off her if I dare open the doors to her sanctum for whatever reason.

I have plans to send her as my emissary to the caverns. I figure she and the pack of war dogs I gave her as pets should make a fittingly terrifying impression on whoever or whatever she meets down there.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 11:53:02 pm by Melting Sky »
Pages: 1 [2]