Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Child Kidnappers and Thieves  (Read 966 times)

GauHelldragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Child Kidnappers and Thieves
« on: August 19, 2006, 08:43:00 pm »

Is it possible to capture these criminals? I never actually see them. All I get is annoucements "child kidnaped" and "child died in a cage" for all my children real fast   :(

At least the kidnapper could hide the bodies in the shed or something instead of just dumping them in the graveyard. Wouldn't they just be a "child killer" instead of a "kidnapper" if all they do is kill em?

[ August 19, 2006: Message edited by: GauHelldragon ]

GauHelldragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Child Kidnappers and Thieves
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 09:05:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by GauHelldragon:
<STRONG>Is it possible to capture these criminals? I never actually see them. All I get is annoucements "child kidnaped" and "child died in a cage" for all my children real fast    :(

At least the kidnapper could hide the bodies in the shed or something instead of just dumping them in the graveyard. Wouldn't they just be a "child killer" instead of a "kidnapper" if all they do is kill em?

[ August 19, 2006: Message edited by: GauHelldragon ]</STRONG>

The child killer has struck again! The death count is up to 5 D:

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 11:48:00 pm »

It's possible to catch them, then you'll know more.  The "dies in a cage" message is a known error that relates to how the child is exported off the site map.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

RPB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://rapidshare.com/files/70864746/scardagger_winter_1059.zip.html
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 01:05:00 am »

I've got a similar problem. Only not only do I have a bunch of dead babies, but no one will go move them (even if I assign someone to just burial), so they're just sitting there rotting.

[ August 20, 2006: Message edited by: RPB ]

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 01:30:00 am »

...shouldn't the sheriff be busy catching them?  I mean, that's what we're getting him all those fancy things for.  I know his schedule is probably pretty full what with all the slaughtering fellow dwarves for littering and all, but...

[ August 20, 2006: Message edited by: Aquillion ]

We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Garthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2006, 03:38:00 am »

Build some cage traps at your entrances.  You'll be surprised at what you find.

GauHelldragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2006, 03:47:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Toady One:
<STRONG>It's possible to catch them, then you'll know more.  The "dies in a cage" message is a known error that relates to how the child is exported off the site map.</STRONG>

Oh, well they leave their corpses behind even if they're bein' kidnapped. Part of the bug I guess.