Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chop Wood/Gather Plants Zones  (Read 695 times)

DaftSkunk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Chop Wood/Gather Plants Zones
« on: March 22, 2014, 02:06:36 pm »

The ability to make zones that automatically designate trees in it to be felled or plants to be gathered.
It's a very minor thing, but if it would be easy to implement I think it would be nice to have. Would make managing a fort a little less micro-manage intensive.

I tried searching to see whether this suggestion has already been made before, so sorry if it's redundant.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Chop Wood/Gather Plants Zones
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 12:32:45 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=26985
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63517

But more importantly:
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
In further automation, could we ever see something like a burrow that auto-designates any tree within it to be cut down, so that repeatedly designating the same areas that you have built as tree farms are no longer another seasonal player micromanagement task?
It's a reasonable suggestion -- we'll have to see how things like harvesting fruit are handled, once we have things that can grow like that.  It'll probably all fit under the same umbrella.  Overall, it might just be zone/burrow environment management options or something, although there are parallels with farming that complicate it a bit.  Removing the farm as a building might work best.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

DaftSkunk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 04:11:45 am »

Ah, cool, thank you. I guess I need to work on my search skills. >.>

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 04:58:03 am »

Ah, cool, thank you. I guess I need to work on my search skills. >.>

You should also check out falconne's contributions.