Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Criminals fighting other criminal groups?  (Read 793 times)

The Cafe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Criminals fighting other criminal groups?
« on: March 18, 2014, 06:01:45 pm »

I was in a town, and I had just gotten several quests to kill some criminal leaders. As my group was walking through the town, the announcement, "The Hammerman is no longer enraged" appeared. At first I thought it was a glitch because I didn't have any companion hammermen, and there were none nearby. Later, when I talked to someone in the town, the option of Spreading the News appeared even though I didn't do anything, and when I did, the guy thanked me for killing the criminals. This was a new world, so I never did anything in the city, and also the guy did say that there were multiple gangs in one dungeon, so is it possible that the two crimnal groups attacked each other?

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Criminals fighting other criminal groups?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 12:01:58 am »

Yes, it's possible. I investigated it once with DFHack 'reveal'. Rarely, gang leaders have a bit different loyalties - and they start to hack each other the second you arrive. Think of it like you just arrived on a bandit long-planned fight.

Sadly, there is two cons to this awesome feature:
1) You get fame for nothing. It's good, really, but not from in-game point of view.
2) The second (!) time you arrive, the surviving gang leader (if there is) would be murdered by his subordinates. Perhaps it's because game stores loyalties only for historical figures. So, every historical fugure after in-between fight would be eventually destroyed.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
Re: Criminals fighting other criminal groups?
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 07:42:06 am »

Criminals actually wage their mafia wars beneath the towns. It can sometimes be observed with legends mode. An awesome feature, but extremely little researched.