Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Joining Wars  (Read 1026 times)

StarsonLovett

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Adventure Mode Joining Wars
« on: March 10, 2014, 04:05:54 pm »

I thought it might be cool if there were wars between things like goblins and dwarfs or something(if there aren't any already.) But if there was a war going on somewhere then there would be military recruiters in the towns that come up to you and start talking to you about how there is a war going on and that if you wanted to join the military. If you say yes then maybe you would be taken to the camp at the front lines of the battle. And you have to fight with your fellow warriors against the goblins or whatever you are fighting against. If you survived and helped defeat the goblins then you would be given great riches. Of course all of the moving goblins and dwarfs might make the game really laggy because there would be hundreds of moving NPCs but I think it would be a great thing to add.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Joining Wars
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 07:44:02 pm »

I'm pretty sure this is going in next update.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 02:41:48 pm »

I'm pretty sure this is going in next update.
This is definitively coming in the next update. No military recruiters, as far as I know.

But if you manage to be at the right place, and the right moment you can fight in a war.

Anyway, giving great riches to any individual soldier seems unrealistic.

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 05:44:03 pm »

Anyway, giving great riches to any individual soldier seems unrealistic.

Maybe StarsonLovett meant the loot.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."