Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Creatures (mostly from pet shop) "not tame"  (Read 944 times)

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Creatures (mostly from pet shop) "not tame"
« on: March 14, 2014, 10:11:44 am »

Hi!

All the creatures I bought from the pet shop are listed as "not tame" (mostly spiders and magmalings).

Also a wild moledog - while trying to attack my fort and being confronted with my enormous army of moleweasels - suddenly switched sides and now is listed under my "not tame" livestock.

They seem to be slaughterable and didn't cause any problems so far. Can anyone tell me what's up with that and how to fix it?

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Creatures (mostly from pet shop) "not tame"
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 02:25:37 am »

Caged them, and then let the animal trainer do their job. 8)

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 03:28:15 am »

Did you try that and it worked or is this just a guess?

My animal trainers didn't seem to want to train them (they were all without job, the animals in question were marked for training... nothing happened). I didn't try for a long time though because the expected result even if that worked the would be a trained animal, not a domestic/tame one... or I get them back to perma-tame that way?

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 12:24:23 pm »

Did you set up a training zone? You need to do that so the dwarfs move the animals there for training.
Tame probably only the 2nd generation of trained animals.

Cheers

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 12:45:13 pm »

I don't think they reproduce - not planning to try either because I'm planning to replace them anyway. And they were tame when I bought them from the pet shop, not just trained. They are not properly "untame" either or they would attack and I wouldn't be able to slaughter them - they act like tame creatures except that they don't seem interested in attacking intruders either (most of them are the new spiders from the pet shop, but also some male waterlings and magmalings).

( Also, I have a training zone )

And I still don't understand what happened to that moledog. He just walked around for a few months in my fort as "untame livestock", then disappeared from the unit list without a clue (probably left the map when I wasn't looking).
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 12:50:18 pm by yaymeh »

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 04:47:44 pm »

weird... the creatures have mysteriously become tame again (not trained, tame) and just as suddenly, the moledog reappeared on the enemy units and attacked the dorfs in my meeting hall.

Well, ./nothing to do here :3