Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Come share Epic Siege and Titan experiences!  (Read 3005 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Come share Epic Siege and Titan experiences!
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2014, 03:45:52 am »

The greatest battle... Two, one modded, one vanilla. In the masterwork one I thought it would be funny to piss off every race at once. Bad, bad idea. Thousands of enemies slaughtered each other, my dwarves and the pet forgotten beasts I kept at the gate for such an occasion. It started with 300 dwarves, it ended with 12 legendary heroes that later took down hell alone.

Unmodded... that'd be my favourite dwarfs. He was a hunter with two ~40 stacks of bolts. A goblin siege rocked up and everyone got inside but him. Unfazed, he killed them all. Even their demon leader. ALL OF THEM. He killed the last dozen by bludgeoning them, all this without anything better than leather armor and a copper crossbow.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2014, 04:38:49 am »

I once witnessed an odd battle between my militia commander and a massive fire-ball throwing mole.

The courtyard was lit up almost right away, but the commander managed to dodge most of the flames, and bisected the titan in only two swings.

She then sat down in the middle of the inferno and made a picnic with the cheese and wine she had with her. She came out mostly unscathed, though her cloak burned away and she lost some fat. Most of her squad-mates, however, were horribly burned trying to reach the titan.

pumpedupjellos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2014, 02:23:17 am »

I just had crazy elven siege, they were descending upon me on Giant Barn Owls, Giant Cow Moose and Giant Bull Moose... The Moose mounts were easily dispatched with traps and marksdwarves but the Owl mounts were impossible to target and kept picking my soldiers off one at a time! Eventually, I had no choice but to raise the drawbridge and sit tight haha
Pages: 1 [2]