- 0 (0%)
////
- 0 (0%)
!2!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 28, 2013, 09:40:58 pm

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43]

Author Topic: Operation Archangel- Modern Role Playing Game *Accepting New Members...Still*  (Read 28181 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

[One of the few times I'll break my 'ten words' limitation.]

Alec looked from Charlie to Erika, hefting himself off of the bench and giving a broad smile to the child. "Always well. Just planning for next week's activities." Even if this is fake, the man doesn't have the heart to be dismissive or mean to a child.

"Thank you." The large man thanked the nurse, Erika, and moved to follow her. He contemplated voicing his question about leaving Eden, but figured it pointless. If this is indeed all a ploy, they may already know of his intentions, if not then it wouldn't do well to tip his hand on the attempt.

Something still doesn't sit right in him about all of this, no matter the outcome. Why would Archangel just let quite a few of its soldiers leave? What about the monsters and freaks that were everywhere? Too many unanswered questions. May as well try to glean a few from her.

While walking with her, assuming that they're alone so as not to worry anyone else, the man will throw a few questions her way. "What happened to Archangel? The monsters? John?"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

[One of the few times I'll break my 'ten words' limitation.]

I brake the "No writing after ten rule" on an almost constant bases now, so you are not alone there. Right now, I am mainly wondering how long it will take you to find out what happened.

-----------------------------------

Charlie looks to lighten up only slightly, there still is a look of deep guilt in his eyes. But he nods and steps to the side as you exit the dugout, staying in place and wordlessly watching as you walk away. Erika is leading you at a fast pace, briskly walking a few feet in front of you. As you struggle to keep up, you are soon out of the baseball field and onto a concrete walkway. There are several leafy trees to your left, looking like a park or garden with well kept grass at their roots. The trees make a pleasant shadow over the walkway, though the temperature doesn't appear to change much. The trees continue on, only to be bisected by another sidewalk leading directly through them. There is a patch just about as wide as a car or truck moving toward a group of buildings, with the trees swaying in a gentle breeze on either side. It is here that you decide to ask your questions, finally being far enough away from Charlie and any other child to be unheard.

Erika stops walking and turns around, toward you, as you ask your questions. She looks at you with pity in her eyes before answering. "I called Dr.John as soon as I examined you. You didn't look too hurt, but you where knocked out for a brief second. It appears that you had another....episode while you where sleeping. Might have had old scar tissue bump up against your brain or something. There are no monsters or archangels here, unless you count that statue of Gabriel in the church. I wouldn't, it always creeped me out. I am going to take you back to your room. You have no signs of a concussion or anything, so you should be fine sleeping. Tomorrow you will go work as normal, you shouldn't have to remember anything too hard. Otonashi, some other faculty members, and I will keep a close eye on you to help you out, just in case. Then we will move you to the campus emergency room once Dr.John gets back. Now come on, don't have any more time to waste!"

She then turns around in a single motion, continuing on just as fast as before, as if nothing had happened. You pass the woods, seeing a small fountain. It is of a young man and a tree, with a serpent among the branches. Water is exiting the fruit on the tree and the eyes of the man, as if they where rivers of tears. Three slabs of bronze are in front of it, the one in the middle being the most notable. It appears to be a map of the campus, probably detailing how to get out as well. You mentally note that in the brief time you pass it.

From the fountain spreads several sidewalks in all directions, each heading toward a large building. Erika leads you down one toward the right, heading towards a large, hotel like building with glass windows that seems to shine in the sunlight. It seems like seconds before you are at the door. Erika slides a key card from her neck to the door and it lights green as she opens it. It appears to be a side door, as directly behind it is a flight of stairs. She guides you up them, a simple metal staircase next to a well painted wall, and onto the forth and top floor. You only pass a few doors before reaching your own, each again reminding you of an expensive hotel. Erika flashes her card once more, opening the door to what is apparently your room.

"Oh, and one more thing." She states, as you enter, finding yourself in a small hallway with several wooden doors leading to different rooms. Erika is twirling her keyring with the card on it as she speaks, "Don't leave Eden, Alec.", stated as a warning as the door is slammed shut.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

[I think I know what it is, but I'll keep mum on it for now. Sides, what I think and what Alec does tend to diverge rather horridly at times, to my amusement.]

"Wai--" The door was shut. Damn. Alec was wanting to stay in this 'Eden' less and less as time goes on, and wanting to wake up more and more. Come on, wake up dammit! The large man pinched himself more out of spite than any function, but that didn't solve his situation.

Every moment his anxiety was ramping up moment by moment, and a sense of dread filled him with talk of the emergency room. This can't be a normal dream, not if he can't wake up from it. Some sort of... Illusion or something. The large man isn't entirely sure. Maybe like... The spider thing, but while he's asleep? Is he asleep? Is this some sort of... Mental prison thingy?

What if something is using his body while he's faffing about here? What if someone on his team's in danger because he's out cold, or worse not himself right now? The large man rubbed his forehead and sighed. He's gotta get outta here.

First things first, he checks the rooms he's with to see if anything of use is in them. He's not entirely sure what he's expecting, but something, anything. Once he's satisfied with searching his surroundings, he'll try the door out. Chances are it's locked, if this is some kinda mind prison thing. But it's worth a try.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

im thinking of make up a character, any tips on what kind of things are happing in the game, how much in the way of items i should stat with and any general back ground i should know?
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

[I think I know what it is, but I'll keep mum on it for now. Sides, what I think and what Alec does tend to diverge rather horridly at times, to my amusement.]

....I may need to work on my foreshadowing then. I can't seem to get the right amount. I try to lay it in heavy sometimes "Oh look, a skeleton like wizard welded to a pure silver cross with dozens of holy symbols and spikes coming out of it, several feet under solid concrete! Must be some spooky dark magic behind it, ah?" and get "Probably Merlin or something *Starts smashing*". Now I am trying to lay it on real light "You are someplace mysterious based on information that was only hinted at that you will probably only be able to tell afterwords!" and get "Ah, I know exactly where I am!". Ah, Ill just try to bury you under so much foreshadowing for different things that you will not be able to tell the quality of any of them.

Side note: Did Alec just use the word faffing?
----------------------------

You skin still feels the sensation of each pinch perfectly, the mild sting growing every time as you seem to increase your strength with your agitation. After you are done, you start to look through the doors for anything useful. You burst through the door on your right, turning the thick handle to the heavy door. This reveals a medium-size bathroom, once again reminding yourself of a hotel. A quick search reveals nothing useful, not even chemical cleaners. Even the mirror was removed, the only things left where an electric razor, a prison-style toothbrush, and other toiletries. Nothing that would be useful to anything other than normal living. It looked like they removed anything dangerous from this room, though closer inspection reveals some of the changes to be recent. It is possible somebody had come in after your "fall", assuming your mental state had deteriorated.

You leave the bathroom, walking back into the entrance room. You slam the next door open, the door in the center, and enter a kitchen. The right half of the room was filled with sinks, microwaves, ovens, stoves, and other cooking equipment, while the left had a wooden table with a few chairs around it. It was an impressive sized room for what it was, something you would expect to see in a normal home, if a little thinner. Again, looking around yields nothing useful. There is a cutting board next to an empty knife container, again it looks like someone went through the trouble to disarm you recently. There is a little bit of food in the refrigerator, and storage, but you don't feel particularly hungry.

You return to the hallway and crash through the last door. It is a modest sized bedroom, with a large, untidy bed in the center. There is a modern television across from it, sitting on a dresser. Light flows pleasantly through the window, illuminating dust particles over your bed. You set about looking for anything useful. You go under the television and start flipping out drawers, finding some cloths that resemble a school uniform, all put away in random globs. There is nothing else there, until you reach the underwear drawer. Flipping through the unmentionables, you find a small, cardboard container marked "SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Smoking Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy." in large print, with no other marker, next to a pack of matches. At least you found something.

After pocketing the cigarets and taking note of the cloths, you calmly walk toward the last door, the exit door. You move the lever like handle in an attempt to open it, unsuccessfully. It seems it is locked....but it only takes an instant to realize that it is only locked on your end. Flipping a switch above the door removes the deadbolt, allowing you to flip open the door with little effort. It opens to an empty hallway, with nobody else about. You realize that you don't have a card key with you, returning would be harder then leaving.

What do you do now?

-------------------

Wow, I didn't think anyone would post while I was writing this.

im thinking of make up a character, any tips on what kind of things are happing in the game, how much in the way of items i should stat with and any general back ground i should know?

Not much, everyone up to now has been working on their own, and I like it best that way. Chances are you would start your own plot with your own team. If you want to see how it works, this game has been going for almost a year now. Reading some of Patricia's (Rolepgeek) starting page 1, or Alec (Xanmyral) starting page 14 could get you an idea of the style, though it has changed a lot since we started.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 06:54:49 pm by Stirk »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

(Happy birthday, Operation Archangel! A year old now. Even if I am a little late and nobody has posted in months.)

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43]