Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: MW V.4i Bug - No trees in Warlock mode  (Read 899 times)

isansom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
MW V.4i Bug - No trees in Warlock mode
« on: March 12, 2014, 01:42:59 pm »

Hey guys,

Wonder if anyone else is having this issue: I've tried both world gen options (standard, and advanced with Plains and Starter World) and embark in Warlock mode in a Heavily Forested region... except there are NO trees or plants.

Anyone else having this issue? I believe I'm playing on a clean install.

Cheers!

edit: Just to add, Dwarf no seemed ok, there were trees anyway.
edit2: Did similar with Orcs, and there were only a few trees, with large swathes of complete emptiness. Could there be some madness going on with Tree/Plant varieties not being generated properly? I've never played with the varieties before, but the disable options seem a bit bugged at the moment.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 01:48:59 pm by isansom »

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
Re: MW V.4i Bug - No trees in Warlock mode
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 07:02:24 pm »

Mountains and other tree-less biomes almost always read as "heavily forested", embark on a jungle for your trees.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MW V.4i Bug - No trees in Warlock mode
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 05:16:40 pm »

Or you could wait a couple of years and plants will grow. I started in a region with a couple of trees as well, now after the blood from the latest major battle settled in I got lots of red trees growing all over the place(though that's just probably graphic pack color and not caused by blood fertilizer :D) . Since I make everything out of the bajillion obsidian all over the place I don't really use trees so I have hundreds! :D . Also uncovering the caverns seems to make some stuff grow on the surface at some point...

Cheers