Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trade Depot not recognising Bins  (Read 853 times)

Marlowe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Trade Depot not recognising Bins
« on: March 07, 2014, 12:18:16 pm »

Playing 34.11. Untamed Wilds woodlands next to a necromancer tower. Lots of fun with random necromancer attacks, zombie sieges, and thieving Kea circuses spicing up the usual goblin nonsense. Good times. And only four deaths so far. Most of my coffins are full of dead dwarven necromancers, and the refuse stockpile has 135 zombie corpses.

I've just started year five and the elven caravan turns up, I send my marksdwarves up to guard the parapet and order our bins of (mostly) stone crafts hauled to the trade depot. Like we've done three times a year for several years before.

Except this time the depot menu suddenly only recognizes two Finished Goods bins and a random bone amulet. Out of over a dozen bins in three Finished Goods stockpiles. This occurs using the All(value) menu and the Crafts submenu. Various weapons, armour, and ammunition bins do register.

I undesignate all the FG stockpiles. No effect. I create a new FG stockpile next to the Trade depot. The dwarves promptly carry the bins to the new stockpile. No joy. Trade Depot menu is still pretending they don't exist.

I create a dump zone and order the individual crafts dumped and reclaimed, then this gets ridiculous and I order whole bins dumped. I set up yet another FG stockpile with no bins allowed.

Trade depot starts to recognize the individual items (and another couple of bins) once they reach the new stockpile, and I'm able to get about a third of what I wanted carried to the depot. While trading I realize the Elves have the same issue; all those bins of Rope Reed cloth they like to turn up with? Not showing up on the trade menu. Without it it's a pretty sad day for the merchants. Well, at least we got their wood, booze, berries and thread. Aforesaid bins don't show up when I use the "t" command to view the depot either.

Haven't tried breaking the trade depot yet. I'll be polite and wait until the tree-huggers have left. Still.

Not looking forward to be dumping and reclaiming constantly to trade with the people that actually matter.

Anyone hit this one before? I've been playing since 38c and it's new to me.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trade Depot not recognising Bins
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 12:23:31 pm »

Do you have an export ban mandate going on? If your mayor/other noble prohibited the export of, say crowns, only bins that do not include crowns will show up in the trade menu. If you press m (Ignoring mandates) all bins show up. You can then still haul these to the depot, the crowns will be marked in the trade menu, so you can still follow the export ban.

As for the elves, maybe they did not bring any cloth bins, they stop doing that once you have a certain amount of cloth in your stocks.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 12:31:53 pm by XXSockXX »

Moriarty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 05:46:30 pm »

I've had this problem before too, when playing around with the stockpile settings. When I was being as specific as possible, down to finished good type and material, the trade depot wouldn't see the bins. I've since started using finished good type as the only setting (ie: setting a stockpile to take all goblets as opposed to taking only claystone mugs or what have you) did they start showing up reliably on the trade screen. Pretty sure the same thing was happening for armor and weapon stockpiles too, but I can't remember for sure.

Marlowe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 06:06:39 pm »

Think my mayor DID have a mandate against exporting crowns (or rings, or maybe that was the one before? The new guy like picks, which I'm unlikely to be exporting). Trouble is he got replaced about five seconds before I posted, so I didn't get time to check XXSockXX's theory. In the scant moments between that and the elves packing up and leaving it seemed that the bins placed in the new stockpile were registering normally. I had a couple of necromancers causing trouble right then as well (We shot them, and then had to shoot them again. You know.)

I can't believe I forgot about the Elves bringing cloth after a certain time.  :-[

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 06:43:03 pm »

Well, if it was a mandate, you should find out with the next caravan. Either everything will be back for normal or not, in which case you can check if it is a mandate.

Marlowe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 07:17:33 am »

Human and Dwarf caravans came, problem seems to be solved. So yes, it does appear to be the mandates.

The new mayor likes picks, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Goblins are really wimpy on this map. 30 Marksdwarves on the roof; few leaders and jabberers dead, they run away crying. Quitters.