Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: This version is going to stress brainpower more! Tasty r  (Read 944 times)

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
This version is going to stress brainpower more! Tasty r
« on: October 30, 2007, 07:24:00 pm »

Up in the mountains I had a severe lack of stone. All light and dark stone nobody feels like making walls or building workshops with, so I dug down deeper. I found some normal stone and started mining like crazy, but I hit this:
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/3663/dfmontoyacm4.jpg

Indigo Tourmaline? Sounds tasty, like some sort of rare cave-growing fruit or perhaps one of those odd chemicals in popular soda drinks. A google and wikipedia later revealed that it's sorta like this:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/64/Tourmaline01.jpg

Those sort of look like crystalline watermelons, but I guess my dwarves can't eat them. Anyone else find any strange stones or minerals? Man, call that a stone all you want, but when I look at it I see a watermelon embedded in rock. I bet if I had a skilled liar with me, I could convince one of them into eating it.

Edit: I feel like an idiot now, I just remembered you can toggle the usability of rocks. Woohoo! So I've got a Mica/Dolomite Tower being built.

If this version was any more incredible I think my eyes would melt.

[ October 30, 2007: Message edited by: Keiseth ]

Adalore

• Bay Watcher
  • Meep...
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Re: This version is going to stress brainpower more! Tasty r
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 07:50:00 pm »

I hit an Yellow one also of the same type.
I am pretty sure we can build with it too, Just imagine having the fort name "Fruity Loops" or some thing along those lines being an Earned fort name.  :D

My lil fort wall over my fort entrance had two yellow spots.  :D

I haves my own gallery matey!
www.adalore.deviantart.com
Not quite dwarfy enough yet.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 07:56:00 pm »

Bahaha. Well, I've only got indigo so far. I'm hoping to put green windows across my tower, though.

(Interview with a local dwarf.) "And you say you've constantly seen Tigermen stalking around your fortress?" "Aye. They be after me lucky charms."

nagromo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 08:02:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Keiseth:
<STRONG>Up in the mountains I had a severe lack of stone. All light and dark stone nobody feels like making walls or building workshops with, so I dug down deeper...
</STRONG>

Are you sure it isn't all ores and limestone/other fluxes? You can go into the Status menu (z) and the Stones submenu. Press enter to toggle which ones they'll use for "normal" stuff. In some locations, they may be rare so you want to conserve them, but if you have only limestone, you have to enable it there so you can use it on buildings.