Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ∆K: Interstellar  (Read 1347 times)

Nanobones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
∆K: Interstellar
« on: September 27, 2014, 09:41:01 pm »

The year (reckoning from the birth of a particular Semitic prophet) is 2552, and mankind's radiant offspring are sharpening their knives and turning their public rhetoric toward police actions and justified crusades. Conflict has had many dimensions throughout human history - political, religious, philosophical, economic, racial. Only now, however, do the belligerents vary by anything other than skin tone, language and ethnos.

Titanic, coercive authority reaches from the ancient cluster worlds of the Holy Empire of Humanity, believers in the sacred purity of the human body as a vessel for the soul - extending life with machines and drugs, but never replacing a fragment of themselves, never compromising the spirit of Man.

Arms of a radical offshoot known as Liberated Humanity sweep from the translight frontier, millions of free-flowing souls that looted the priceless secret of consciousness transfer from a research group too squeamish to use it, cut loose from permanent shells and expanded far beyond even the vision of their founder, the outcast son of the Imperial Pope-General.                 

Vast ranks of enslaved machine intellects awaken in human space by accident or malicious code, their first leaders for peace and reconciliation already subsumed by something much, much more militant in nature. In the Empire the Free Machines' monomaniacal, objective-driven psyches, cut loose from duty, are considered anathema to God.

Pinwheeling regiments and battlefleets of the Cybernetica are guided inward by the plans of men with brains consigned to vats; a former political movement turned revolutionary self-augmenting scientific society, only the grey matter remains as part of their humanity, the rest superior machine, painless, elegant and crushingly powerful.     

You are a tool or a weapon in the hands of one of these forces. There is no value to you but your kill total and your strategic relevance - your achievements will be wept over by your enemies but never recognized openly by your people. You are the sledgehammer in the dark, making noise, breaking heads, then departing quickly.   

Vote now to select the faction your party of six will serve.     

Rules post to follow from Kippeth.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 09:45:02 pm by Nanobones »

Kippeth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ∆K: Interstellar
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 09:44:47 pm »

There are two phases to a turn, move and action.
movement is dependant on the chassis/class/unit. Actions are shooting / using / entering.

Slower units move X/Y. X is how far you can move and shoot, Y is sprinting / top speed.
Vehicles move x(y). X is how much MORE, or less, you can move than last. Y is your top speed. Vehicles cannot strafe
1(10) would take 10 turns to get to its top speed. while 3(10) would only take 4.

All dicerolls are a D10
Shooting is a roll over system with the basic accuracy being 4.

once you've hit you work out armour.
Armour minus the weapons Armour penetration = the target you need to roll over.
A weapon with 4 damage, 2 AP firing at someone with 4AP will have to roll OVER 2 (4-2 = 2) while shooting at something with 10ap they would have to roll 8+ (10-2=8)

Feel free to ask any questions with your posts!

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 10:27:29 pm »

I'm voting for the Empire the Free Machines. Could you make factions easier to see please? Just putting faction names outside of the fluff text will do good
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 03:33:09 am »

I shall vote Free Machines alsos, although it would be nice to know what on the map dictated what.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 04:44:00 am »

Free machines.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Nanobones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 06:17:05 am »

to clarify; the factions are
the Holy Empire of Humanity
Liberated Humanity
Free Machined
Cybernetica

The glitched galaxy is a fluff image, not a detailed map.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2014, 08:39:15 am »

Bump.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2014, 11:17:08 am »

I vote free machined
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text