Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Dwarf-o-cracy: The Story of a Dwarvern Republic [Succession Fort] Players Needed  (Read 11664 times)

leonheart11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
From the Hospital Bed of Mayor Leon The Second
Dear Father,

You have no doubt heard by now of the tragedy my people here in Murderwheels have suffered. The Cruelty Of Whiskers, those damned goblins, attacked in the early summer, just as my reign was beginning. I had trusted in the wisdom of my forebears and their machinations, hoping that it would be enough. Sadly, It was not. Pardon my penmanship, as I am not used to writing with my right hand. My left one was cut off in the earliest attacks.

The nurses have instructed me to write this letter to pass the time. The time until what, I don't know. Things seem very grim here, Father, and I cannot help but feel the guilt. These citizens trusted in me, as I trusted in those before me, and I have failed them. I have failed myself.

Not all is unpleasant though. My masterpiece, my coup de grace, is finally finished. The Troll Gulag has been filled, and I have ordered the construction of a masterswitch, to control their binds. If, and when, the goblins return, they shall be faced with the anger of a hundred abandoned souls.

Signed,
Mayor Leon II Avallor

EDIT: And now OOC and all that, would it be a big problem if I dug further into the Adamantine? I realize it might result in !!FUN!! but I'll try to avoid that
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 04:04:27 pm by leonheart11 »

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile

Problem? Well, if you can contain/get rid of the inhabitants it will not be a problem....
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

leonheart11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

From the Desk of Mayor Leon the Third
An official document has come from the homeland. They wish to make us a colony. After the work we put into seceding, I was almost ready to spit in this brash diplomat's face. As though the proud people of Murderwheels would give in so easily. However, the thought struck me: What if I was to put my decrepit old father in command? He's hardly capable, but... Easily manipulated. However, I was easily dissuaded, and bid our friend adieu. Meanwhile, my father has left the hospital and is back on patrol. A shame, almost. The old man is a danger to this society. However, his "Troll Gulag" gave me an idea... I built a zoo. But no ordinary zoo. A zoo filled with goblins, and a lever. When I am inevitably turned upon by the people, I shall be interred behind this zoo, and the lever shall be pulled. Then they shall see my true power.

Signed,
Mayor Leon the Third

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile

This place is supposed to distance itself from mountainhomes, it was one of the mission statements^^ Also, a room-full of gobbos? Did you see how ferocious military is around here? In the main thread one of Flame's boys bit gobbos tongue off during a siege^^. This will be like early dwarfmass to them^^

Can you post your bio? If you are in the main i shall add you asap^^

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am afraid to announce my resignation from the slot, things have taken my time for the next few weeks and I want to give it to someone who will use it.

leonheart11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am not yet in the main thread. Should I get on that?

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile

Well, we are almost done, by which i mean we have an indefinite amount of chapters before i get what i want^^, but yeah, more the merrier^^ Besides, it will give you better understanding on the background of the fort^^
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 06:05:02 pm by exodius1 »

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile

Sign me up.
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"

*gobbles menacingly*

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile

You've been added to the list, Bsnott.
By the way, Leon, how's it going?
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

leonheart11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Almost done. That adamantine artifact was an axe which Leon II now uses, and the goblin zoo and Tomb are complete. It is now midwinter.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile

Actually, never mind for my turn. I can see myself not wanting to do it in the future :p
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"

*gobbles menacingly*

leonheart11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, this is it: On to the next guy.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile

Unfortunately, as of right now, there is no next guy. Is anyone willing to step up?
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]