Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The Game Has Begun.

- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: (TSG) Into a World Unknown *Prologue* Day 1 - Exploration  (Read 2316 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: Into a World Unknown
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2014, 05:06:57 pm »

I reset the poll. It is now a match between Urist the Seer and Hassan with the Tongue of Silver. Both will be considered canon names for the Hero. The remaining name will likely become the name of one of the Hero's companions.

I hope to have the first segment up tonight!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Into a World Unknown
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2014, 05:14:24 pm »

Well, it wasn't the complete MINMAX build that I thought it was, but we have a Hassan.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Into a World Unknown *Prologue* Day 1 - Awakening
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2014, 09:06:11 pm »

Day 1 - Prologue: Awakening

You are now Hassan, Master of the Silver Tongue and would be hero of the world.

Born into a line of salt-mine owning nobility, you were born to lead. Your tongue and your money bought you everything you ever needed in life. With a few idle words you made friends with those around you so very easily. At some point you were bound to drive yourself insane as no one dared to refuse you. Which would have been bad as insanity is seen as a negative trait in your culture. Fortunately for you, your sanity was preserved by the onset of the most vile villain in the world, he who is called "The Evil Lord of Black Ravens Garbunchious the Terrible".

As the Salt Prince, you banded together a mediocre band of heroes and sauntered off lazily to stop the threat of the Evil Dark Lord. And stop him you did. Your charismatic charm won the affection of the townspeople, inciting rebellions across the nation against the Evil One. Even the most unsympathetic bosses under the tutelage of Garbunchious were forced heed the glittering tongue of Hassan, the Salt Prince, and turn against the Black-Hearted One called Terrible. Everything thing was turning up Hassan. Before long, you were leading a crack team of adventurers against The Raven's Nest personally. Ah yes, you were so close then.

One by one the obligatory endgame puzzle bosses fell one by one. You were after all not only a prince, but a shrewd tactician to boot. Even before you entered the room, your superior intellect had already correctly guessed and had developed a strategy to defeat the boss that lied within. You after all were the Mary-est of Mary Sue Tacticians. Through your careful guidance, you and your team were able to defeat the Twin Mistresses; Lady Deceit and Lady Tyrant.

However, the final challenge was to be the one to end all. The Lord Raven Garbunchious himself. You were not so different from him deep down. He was a fell tyrant and you had descended from fell tyrant. Garbunchious had a terrible way with words that could convince a man of almost anything. But unlike you, he did not rely solely upon his wit and charismatic personality. He had risen to power as a "Be Prepared" Class 8 Overlord. Physically strong and magically enabled, he was quite capable of smashing even the mightiest of men's faces in, while being able to scorch any remains into complete and utter oblivion with his patented Hellfire. If it had not been for your allies, you would have never stood a chance.

But no good Hero stands alone. Together with your allies, the Mighty Warrior, the Divine Mage, The Illustrious Rogue, and the Brilliant Techie, you were able to give Garbunchious the ol what for! Being the leader of this band of scamps, it was pre decided that you would strike the final blow to defeat Garbunchious as his defeated mistresses trembled beside him. While your allies held him back, it was you who would stride forward and deal the final blow to his left lung (sources will say you aimed for his heart and missed, but that is irrelevant) for fatal damage.

Then the terror! Then the humiliation! For as you went to strike the fateful blow, paused for a monologue. You considered that speech to be your finest moment in your oratory career, as your words caused even the Stalwart Warrior to pause and let forth a single manly tear. You made a metaphor about rainbows and colors, and how they relate to how they represent people in a palpable way. It was both improvised and glorious. Yet Garbunchious thought none of it. While you spoke, he prepared a spell; magic that you could not hope to understand. With a flick of his staff, a swirling whirlpool of dark magic issued forth, enveloping you and your allies. His laughter was all you heard as the darkness overtook you.

It was then your world went black.

...Your eyes are now closed. Birds twitter and tweet in the distance, as you lie in a state of semi-unconsciousness upon the earth. You are laying face up as the Midday sun beats upon your face, warming it like an Easy Bake Oven. Oh how you miss your Easy Bake Oven right now.

What do you do?

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
BIRDS.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2014, 09:06:45 pm »

where is pictures

i am 4 and cant read texts without pictures

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2014, 09:43:26 pm »

((I hear and obey.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
BIRDS.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2014, 10:30:40 pm »

((I hear and obey.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

..... was that done in paint?
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2014, 10:57:40 pm »

...Yes. Many regrets were had.

While I wish I could say I am an artist, an artist I am not. Now the world knows the dangers of asking for graphics from me!
BIRDS.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2014, 11:03:02 pm »

((That's actually pretty good.))

Ah, delicious bread, if only you were available to me. A pity.

Sit up and open thine eyes, Hassan! Look about and determine your whereabouts!
Sig! Onol

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2014, 11:08:19 pm »

This.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2014, 11:56:01 pm »

This.

Bread.

Oh how you miss bread. You love all of the breads; rolls, buns, cottage loaf, crumpets, curry bread, dinkelbrot, flatbread, donuts, hardtack, lavash, matzo, monkey bread, muffins, pita, pumpernickel, rice bread, marble rye, sourdough, white, whole wheat, and zwieback. Yes, even zwieback!

There were far too many days spent on the road travelling! Bread and other pastries became a luxury early on into trip to the Raven's Nest. One by one you consumed the parties bread supply with voracity. Then it disappeared, like Spring that matures into Summer! Oh where art thou bread! Where art thou pastries of joy? Where art though! But now is not the time to dwell upon products of mere flour, yeast and water. With great trepidation, you devote yourself to more capable realms of thought.

Jerking your head forward, the rest of your body begrudgingly follows suit until you arrive in a sufficiently upright position. Verily, however your head hurts as if you were stricken by a wooden board. It takes few moments of blinking and staring until you can see anything clearly. But see you do.

You are on the top of what used to be a grassy knoll surrounded by trees. For whatever reason, the grass on the grass on the hill is more sparse than in other areas you can see. You commit this to your memory map for further deductions. Due to the patented Fog o War, you can't see very far or clearly as you stare deeper into the woods. Unfortunately, if you want to see farther out you will have to, you know, stand up and explore. Due to the high treetops, you can't see far in any direction.

(INT Roll: 10!) However, you immediately realize something is off. The geography and the local fauna is all... Wrong. You can't put your finger on it, but you know for a fact that you have never seen some of these trees in your life. There is something deeply incorrect about this situation. You feel out of place, like you shouldn't be here.

You ponder this as you plan your next course of action.

Spoiler: *NEW* Map (click to show/hide)
BIRDS.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Into a World Unknown *Prologue* Day 1 - Awake
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2014, 12:37:03 pm »

*blorble*

I need to get some kind of response to get this going. Don't let me down now forums!
BIRDS.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2014, 12:48:21 pm »

Cautiously explore.

Sig! Onol

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2014, 01:02:55 pm »

((Can our stats get higher? Or are we stuck with what we have now?))
Look around for your meatshields friends.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2014, 01:09:19 pm »

Cautiously explore.

(1AP) Spent! 11 Remain!

(Dex: (2+1) = 3) You do so, revealing a bit of a map. Your footsteps tread carefully as you leave the safety of the not-so-grassy hill. It seems there was a path hiding just beyond your sight! Good job! As you step down onto it, you find that you are able to see farther in either direction. You see no one.

To the east, there are small wisps of smoke billowing into the air. To the west, the path seems to continue on further in to the distance.

What to do you do?

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
BIRDS.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2014, 01:59:21 pm »

((Can our stats get higher? Or are we stuck with what we have now?))
Look around for your meatshields friends.

((Short answer yes. But you will have to find the methods of how on your own.))
BIRDS.

Pages: 1 [2]