Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: mechanical power  (Read 535 times)

lolax

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
mechanical power
« on: March 01, 2014, 04:48:24 am »

Hello!
1. Is there any way to make a custom building require mechanical energy? (Like the pump or millstone) or is it hardcoded?
2. Can I make a reaction that is independent of the skill level of a dwarf? (eg. the custom building Sawmill creates planks from wood, uses the lumberjack skill, job is finished in x amount of time regardless if the dwarf is a master or dabbling lumberjack)
thx!

Zammer990

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: mechanical power
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 02:04:24 pm »

1.I think there was a DFhack mod that tried to do something similar, but I'm not too familiar with DFhack
2.Again, DFhack maybe, or some weird transformation syndrome that turns the dwarf performing the job into a creature, and just before they turn back have the creature create an object
If your animals aren't expendable, you could always station a dwarf or two out there?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: mechanical power
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 02:09:23 pm »

1. Not without dfhack.  With dfhack, you will have to either wait for the next version which will allow them to be rawable, use the machina.lua script from the Masterwork gnome plugin (which is still being fine-tuned and works a little differently from the millstone), or write your own script.
2. Reactions that have no associated skill will always be completed immediately.  This does not require dfhack.