Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Showdown: Arena mode face off  (Read 681 times)

RailroadRider

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS. IS. DWARF FORTRESS!
    • View Profile
    • Look at me!
The Showdown: Arena mode face off
« on: February 26, 2014, 04:20:04 pm »

Who is the ultimate champion of Dwarf Fortress?

The idea here is is simple, we take the most awesome characters ever shared with Bay 12, throw them in a hole in arena mode and make them fight.

We will start amongst the separate races (Dorfs, humans, goblins, kobolds, hippies and screw it, animal-men), make their champions fight, and the best from each race will face of in a final showdown.

!!SCIENCE!! is needed to find the best fighters of each race, so post the best champions from each race so that we may discover the ultimate champion of DF!
I have an army of dragons. But they aren't very effective against goblins so I use giant cave spiders instead.
There are dead babies all over my legendary dining hall and my population has halved. Thank you.

RailroadRider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Look at me!
Re: The Showdown: Arena mode face off
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 04:20:40 pm »

Reserved.
I have an army of dragons. But they aren't very effective against goblins so I use giant cave spiders instead.
There are dead babies all over my legendary dining hall and my population has halved. Thank you.

RailroadRider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Look at me!
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 04:20:56 pm »

Reserved.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 11:50:16 pm »

Is this something where we create our own champions to fight in the duels? Or do we choose people like Captain Ironblood or Cacame to replicate as best as possible in arena mode?
If it's the latter, then it will be impossible to get it exactly right, because there are no artifacts, all equipment is standard quality, some item types just aren't available, they will be created with every attribute average, they won't have the same personality, and they won't have any scars, syndromes, or missing pieces.

This probably belongs in the community games subforum.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.