Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bay12 Census: Results out  (Read 2159 times)

Manveru Taurënér

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Census
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2014, 05:53:28 pm »

Where I live (Sweden) depending on the ISP you can choose various different speed packages, but the normal ratio seems to be as stated 1/10 up/down. I could've gone with 100/100 if I wanted to (went with 10/100 instead), but really, how many people have as much need for as high upload speed as they do for downloading stuff? Not all that many would be my guess.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2014, 09:24:57 pm »

When might the results of the survey be released?
I'm aiming for a Sunday night.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2014, 01:36:14 am »

but really, how many people have as much need for as high upload speed as they do for downloading stuff? Not all that many would be my guess.
People who make a lot of youtube content, web hosts, sever hosts, large businesses...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2014, 04:47:56 am »

I live in Belgium and I get 5 up 40 down, so yeah.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Manveru Taurënér

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2014, 07:34:40 am »

but really, how many people have as much need for as high upload speed as they do for downloading stuff? Not all that many would be my guess.
People who make a lot of youtube content, web hosts, sever hosts, large businesses...

Indeed, but I still say my point holds true that those are in minority compared to the vast masses who mostly just download and consume content :>
(and I wouldn't say businesses count, even though some people do run stuff from home)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2014, 10:56:20 am »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 [2]