Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: You are King: New Realms: IC Thread  (Read 12715 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: You are King: New Realms: IC Thread
« Reply #210 on: February 16, 2014, 11:14:45 am »

Travel to Severance and find out how the Market situation is there. Scout for Investment possibilities. Particularly in Microcredits to Farmers, potters and small time businesses

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 16, 2014, 09:02:08 pm »

Daelin was in the mines when the news of the Prince's death reached him. It was the same young human that had brought him word from the Miner's Guild, and this time, he had a solemn, frightened look. He said, "Laird Borokshtan. I regret to inform you that the Prince has died. No one has sent word about the next in line, and as far as I can tell from the looks the traders are giving each other, it looks like there's going to be another civil war." The boy dipped his head and stepped back.

Daelin sighed, closing his eyes and leaning against the stone behind him. His keen mind was already hard at work, leaving the new gem mines far in the past. Daelin couldn't afford to be vassal to a king who hated dwarves, and thus he must fight to keep his people free. He would wait and see who rose up to lead and who stepped back to follow, and then he would make his decision. It was a very Dwarven decision, and he winced inwardly at the remonstrations his tutors would have given him, but he thought it was the best choice to make at this time...
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 22, 2014, 09:46:48 pm »

The Sealord quickly made his way to the inn his compatriot mercenary leader was boarded at. Upon finding Ramus, he began to speak.

"The Prince is dead is what they're saying in the streets. Fishbones, like what happened to the knight from Elfsend and the merchant fellow. It looks like you're going to the Palace. If you don't mind, i'd like to accompany you, so we can both find out if we're still employed. Also, let's get our lads out of the city, I have a bad feeling that there is something about to go down. Did we ever find out who that old knight we fought was? Anyway, let's go meet whoever is saying they're the Heir."

Offer to accompany Ramus to the meeting with whoever is claiming to be the heir. After the meeting, find out about any stories of knights-turned-bandits, in order to find out who the old knight we fought was. Regardless of whether Ramus agrees, get my Regiment out of the City and set up camp outside the walls, if we can.
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 22, 2014, 09:56:42 pm »

Ramus turned to the Sealord dressed in his armor with only his helmet, and sword laying on the bed nearby, nodding slightly he replies,

"I'm sorry, but I'll have to decline your request to come with me, what I'm going to meet the Heir about is a more private matter then if I still have work, I suggest you get out of the city while you still can. Its hard telling how fast this situation will deteriorate all things told, with this lands history we may soon be seeing a civil war, I wonder if we'll live through it all if it does come about .... Any who enough contemplation I must take my leave now, I'll send word to you if I find anything out that might be of use to you."

With that Ramus donned his helmet, and put on his sword before leaving.

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 22, 2014, 10:22:09 pm »

Yorvus nodded, and reached out to shake the dwarf's hand.

"In that case,I suppose our ways part here. It's been an honor to work with you, and I hope we meet again. I think I'll move against the bandits again, keep myself afloat with bounties and such. If it comes to war, I think I'll either ride it out in Stormport, or leave for the West again. I wanted to come back, build a home and such for me and my men, but it looks like that wont be possible for a while yet. Farewell."

He scratched himself on the chin and left the room.

Attempt to buy horses for about ten of my men, to use them as mounted scouts to find bandit concentrations. Use no more than 0.2 pounds. Move further away from the city, about a mile and a half, and have the rest of the regiment cut down trees to build a palisade around the camp.
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]