Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Mingling of Perceptions  (Read 813 times)

PlayingGood

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok's laugh
    • View Profile
The Mingling of Perceptions
« on: February 20, 2014, 10:44:52 pm »

Not sure if this has been suggested yet,

But what if you could enter a sort of pseudo adventure mode within fortress mode, so you can control any dwarf within your fort?
*Create potion of immortality*
*Potion Created! Drink potion*
*Immortality gained!*
*You have lost your soul!*

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: The Mingling of Perceptions
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 12:03:22 am »

That'd be pretty useful for checking out LOS on martial architecture.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 12:22:32 am »

Pretty sure it's planned. Fortress and Adventure modes will be merged at some point, IIRC.

Well, sort of, anyways. I'm sure you'll still be able to embark immediately with 7 dwarves without having to round them up in Adventure mode first, unless you want to. You just won't have to retire the fort when switching to adventurer perspective.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 12:31:21 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

PlayingGood

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok's laugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 09:18:13 am »

That'd be pretty useful for checking out LOS on martial architecture.

Yeah totally,

I think there would be tons of reasons this would be great, just the military aspect alone, charging into battle with your squad with a hand picked legendary axedwarf or marksdwarf should be cause enough.

Pretty sure it's planned. Fortress and Adventure modes will be merged at some point, IIRC.

Well, sort of, anyways. I'm sure you'll still be able to embark immediately with 7 dwarves without having to round them up in Adventure mode first, unless you want to. You just won't have to retire the fort when switching to adventurer perspective.

That would be awesome.
*Create potion of immortality*
*Potion Created! Drink potion*
*Immortality gained!*
*You have lost your soul!*