Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tanned Hides and Humans not eating ....  (Read 1245 times)

Pip0025

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Tanned Hides and Humans not eating ....
« on: March 02, 2014, 03:24:36 pm »

Hi there ive been trying to figure out where i could find tan hides to make some armor and whatnot but i just cant seem to find them anywhere .... im using DF masterwork and ive been to warehouses shops etc just no dice .... is it under a different name thats not tanned hides or something?  Also i was playing as a human peasant in adv mode and I see they dont have a food or water need. I know you can go in and change the coding to make this occur like other races but where exactly do i go to do this? Help is much appreciated thanks!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Tanned Hides and Humans not eating ....
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 04:40:40 pm »

I can't say I've ever seen tanned items such as leather or scaleplates in cities before. I suppose you could just skin animals and tan them yourself using the adv-fort script in DFHack. Though you can sometimes find untanned skin in monster lairs.

As for forcing humans to eat/drink, go to the main Dwarf Fortress directory, open the folder called raw, then the one called objects. Open the file named creature_standard.txt and use the search function to find [CREATURE:HUMAN], then remove the tags [NO_EAT] and [NO_DRINK]

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 02:25:17 am »

Probably easiest way to get tanned hides is to kill some animals and tan their hides. Masterworks has its own adventure mode tanning reaction, right?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 02:49:06 am »

Probably easiest way to get tanned hides is to kill some animals and tan their hides. Masterworks has its own adventure mode tanning reaction, right?

No, several reactions have been removed in favour of the advfort DFHack plug-in.

kuudou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 04:49:18 pm »

No, several reactions have been removed in favour of the advfort DFHack plug-in.

I can't seem to figure out advfort since I've never used DFHack until I started playing the Masterwork mod.

It's a shame too, since I have a ton of high-tier bars.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 05:08:12 pm »

I can't seem to figure out advfort since I've never used DFHack until I started playing the Masterwork mod.

It's a shame too, since I have a ton of high-tier bars.

You activate it by pressing control and 't' at the same time.

Press shift and 'r' or shift and 't' to change jobs.

Press 5 on the numpad to do the job in the same square you are standing in, or press alt and a direction on the numpad to do the job in a square adjacent to you.

To mine or chop wood you need the proper tools, and they have to be in your main hand. If they are in your off-hand, the game may not recognize the weapon. This can be problematic if you lose your main hand in a fight or an accident.

When standing in a workshop, you can pres tab to enter the jobs menu. Though your character may not do jobs if they are hungry, thirsty, or tired. If possible, they may eat or drink something out of their backpack while in the middle of the job, or simply drop to the ground and sleep.

Finally, you will have to skip turns for your character to do some jobs. You will also have to skip turns while your character is bringing items to the workshop. If you see -1 at the top corner of your screen while trying to do a task, try skipping a turn or two to see what they do. If they try to leave the area instead of doing their job, it is likely because they are hungry or thirsty.

That's about all I can remember at the moment.

kuudou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 05:31:36 pm »

I've been able to figure out the basics of item crafting and smelting and so on. What I need to figure out next is how I can build a workshop from scratch.