Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Guild Heroes (Suggestion Game)  (Read 5527 times)

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Heroes (Suggestion Game)
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2014, 09:57:28 am »

This game is not dead.
I am currently working on the magic system again, since i gave up on rendering the battles in Dungeon Designer 3 - it's too much work to make it look decent. This means all the moves that worked on "touch range" or "50 foot minimum distance" need to go... Expect the COMPLETE update between tomorrow and the day after tomorrow you will get some spells to use against the bandits you encountered. after that you have to decide which spells to use inside of dungeon rooms.

Thank you for the support lurker.

IRL i am currently looking for a job, which has priority over the forum game. If people tell me they want to talk to me and i have to drive for 4 hours to meet them that probably means i won't be writing for the game that day. Also: no writing on weekends, as those are generally packed.

Day 3 of Ino

Guild Provisioner's quarters

"Mista Provish'ner."
"... Huh, wha'? Why do you wake me?"
"I has com' t' get some profishons"
"Are you drunk? You are due to leave in 10 hours. Get some sleep and see me later."
"But te' profif'fns..."
"I swear it's the same thing every time they give the new recruits free alcohol. GO TO SLEEP!
Basic Traveling rations for everyone that leaves. And whatever is suitable for your profession"
"Kay. ZZZ"
"Don't sleep on my doorstep!"

Lyra's Quarters

As you enter your quarters something seems odd. The burning circle of fire seems to be an indication for it. You hear the beam above your head creak, as you look up your mirror falls on you.

Early afternoon

While resting you healed hp. your maximum hp has increased. +1
You wake up.
the bump on your head is almost gone.
The mirror on the wall is broken.
After taking inventory of your possessions you see that most of the things you once had are gone. One Battlestaff of channeled light, one pouch of coins[2 grand, 12 whites, 98 slivers] which is definitely more than you had before, and a ribboned parcel with a note attached to it.
You read the note:

Hello,

you don't know me too well, but after breaking your mirror i sold your stuff for you. I finished reading the book in the "mysterious parcel". I suggest you learn the first 2 spells out of it while traveling to your destination. don't worry, they aren't that hard for someone to learn with your knowledge of Blue magic. And watch out for the third Bandit!

-L

The handwriting seems familiar, but the last sentence is odd.

You go down to the cafeteria. The cooks that worked here for as long as you remember don't mind making you some breakfast. They are used to aspiring magic users always sleeping in and making odd demands, like plates of 12 different cheeses. You never made these odd demands, of course. They would probably find a way to spit into the cheese if you did. Never underestimate the power of a good cook.

The last hour before your travel is largely uneventful.

You are sent together with a redmage and 3 civilians. You will be changing carriages every 20-30 hours. There is 2 day wait at the last stop.

The first few hours of the travel are uneventful. REALLY boring. You cast Battle Ready(roll:3 +11R +9B=24vs12+10=22 success) on yourself resulting in snickers from the redmage. It wasn't the "what a total beginner" or "little girl trying to use red magic" snicker, though. but more of a "what a waste" snicker. this annoys you slightly.
You go to bed on the first night.
You used red magic +1 Red magic skills
You used red mana +1 Max red mana
Your mana is replenished

You should probably think about how to battle bandits, should they appear.

Spoiler: player status (click to show/hide)
Spells: WIP

Remember, i use acronym tags gratuitously...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 10:00:28 am by hachnslay »
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2014, 06:33:09 pm »

Oh, Oh! Open the parcel!
As I would think that we love surprises. More or less... Or rather, maybe we want to wait untill a white mage is around, lest it be cursed. You never know~
Then again, lets dwarv the possibly slim danger and just do so after all. So, opening the parcel it is!

Else, not much we can do without knowing the spells we have, tbh. So maintenance on our existing golemite, easily a good idea that can pay off anytime. Thou I suggest we do it when we are in a safe setting, lest we need to send it into battle just the moment we took off a leg or similiar~

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2014, 01:53:45 pm »

Second post edited with your current spells.
here
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2014, 05:48:59 pm »

Spoiler: Tactial Directives (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spell Directives (click to show/hide)

Hmm.. yeah. I guess that would be "Combat Orders MK 0.9" - just as you wished to have, no?
Else, very open to discussion / further interpretation, but I would wager to have touched upon most percievable / realistic battle situations.
Pages: 1 2 [3]