Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Minor and slightly amusing issue/bug  (Read 1548 times)

Gezol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Minor and slightly amusing issue/bug
« on: August 19, 2006, 07:44:00 pm »

So in my current fortress, which I will probably be giving up on soon since I wasn't sufficiently well prepared for twenty migrants at once, I made my first military squad from one of the migrants, who was a hunter. I didn't have a barracks or an armor rack ready, and when I told the new recruit to stand down, she took off all of her armor, dropped it where she stood and went to hang out by the well. The thing is, all she had on below the waist were iron chain leggings, and those are armor...

None of the other dwarves seemed to think there was anything unusual about the fact that their comrade was wandering around without any pants, I should note.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Minor and slightly amusing issue/bug
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 07:54:00 pm »

They used to care about nakedness, but the tantrums were horrible.  I think Req18/Req68 are about this.  I get two version point numbers if I do those things!
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Zereth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 08:25:00 pm »

Becuase they'd get angry at taking off their clothes to do stuff?

Hm. Maybe there should be a short grace period before something makes a dwarf angry. They have time to change clothes before they get angry at not hving clothes to wear, for example, or they don't get angry at being thirsty when they wake up until they've had a bit to get to a well.

Michael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 09:54:00 pm »

It would be more realistic to have nakedness-anger appear only when the naked dwarf is seen by others.  Then under normal circumstances, a dwarf who needs to change his uniform can do so "safely" in his own bedroom.

Of course if he doesn't have a private bedroom, then he just gets upset...  To balance this, you could tone down the existing shared-bedroom anger to compensate.

Zereth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006, 10:14:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Michael:
<STRONG>It would be more realistic to have nakedness-anger appear only when the naked dwarf is seen by others.  Then under normal circumstances, a dwarf who needs to change his uniform can do so "safely" in his own bedroom.

Of course if he doesn't have a private bedroom, then he just gets upset...  To balance this, you could tone down the existing shared-bedroom anger to compensate.</STRONG>

It should be reduced for active military dwarves as well, since they'd get changed in their barracks.

bbb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2006, 01:08:00 am »

what about... wearing bother chain leggings and trousers?

... do people really wear metal armor over naked flesh anyway?

JT

• Bay Watcher
  • Explosively Canadian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jtgibson.ca/df/
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2006, 09:38:00 am »

Dwarves have such an advanced society!  Who needs such silly concepts as "modesty"?  Snuggling injured people and walking around in their pure, beautiful, natural states... why, dwarves are the embodiment of peace and love!
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" --George Carlin

John Gaden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2006, 09:45:00 am »

Until they get tired of snuggling, and opting instead to disrobe and then proceed to eat the injured. Who needs clothes when your soaked in blood?