Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Resurrecting substance  (Read 573 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Resurrecting substance
« on: February 06, 2014, 11:15:04 am »

I was wondering if it would be possible to create a fluid, secreted by a creature, that caused things it came in contact with to be resurrected? My thinking was that I wanted a self resurrecting slime creature, however I'm a little fuzzy on if this is possible. If not I'll adjust my creature lore to allow others to revive allies from a distance.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: Resurrecting substance
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 12:11:49 pm »

Material interactions aren't possible, but you can give a creature the ability to give everyone around it the ability to resurrect members of its own species.  The computer will always use it, so the creature will be effectively self-reviving as long as other creatures are around when it dies.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 12:27:34 pm »

Yeah that's what I thought I'd have to resort to. Ill get to work on that.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 03:13:10 pm »

Or you can make a universal regional interaction that can be performed on that creature only. You'd better give it [IE_INTERMITTENT:WEEKLY].
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science