Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stuck in a hot situation  (Read 1656 times)

Nico2167

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE Bogeymen
    • View Profile
Stuck in a hot situation
« on: January 30, 2014, 08:49:48 pm »

Can you guys help me out? Im stuck in a single tile, surrounded from fire from all the sides and Bogeymen waiting for me to come out.

On top of that, im melting.

Is there any way I can survive this? any DFHack command to heal me? a way to put out a campfire?
Beware that looking into cross breed babies tend to be hella glitchy and crash the game if you save and reload the game as DF doesn't know how to reproduce what ever the god living hell you made.

TheOnlySolitaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [BRAG_ON_KILL]
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck in a hot situation
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 09:08:11 pm »

You can use DFhack to spawn water which will put out the fires.

Just (l)ook on the square you want to spawn water on, type 'liquids' into DFhack's console window, hit enter and it will give you a new line of text - you are now using the liquids plugin.
It should say magma at the beginning followed by some other numbers and letters, including a 7. You want to press 'w' and then enter to make it spawn water not magma. Then hit enter to spawn the water.
Once in the liquids sub-section, typing '?' will bring up a list of the possible commands. Also, type 'q' to quit liquids and return to the dfhack console.

All you need to do once you have spawned the water is unpause, the water will spread out like liquids do, put out the fire and allow you to move again.
WARNING: this spawned water can still freeze, so be careful to not get any on your adventurers tile.
But if you do find yourself trapped inside a box of ice, you can use dfhacks liquid command to spawn obsidian floors with 'of' which will replace the ice with rough obsidian floors.

As for healing yourself, if you (l)ook at yourself, (you may have to view yourself too), type 'dfusion' into dfhack, it will bring up a few options, pick misc by entering the number it is listed next to(i think it's 3), this will take you to another menu of numbers, heal unit should be 5.
That should heal you back up perfectly.

As for surviving after that, that depends on you and your enemies... Good luck!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 09:13:35 pm by TheOnlySolitaire »

Nico2167

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE Bogeymen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 09:11:37 pm »

Thank you very much, sir. Not only I healed myself, but I also slaughtered the Bogeymen (being a Legendary Swordsman).

But I made the mistake of getting into a tomb a day later, found cool equipment and got INSTANTLY KILLED BY A MUMMY NOR ME OR MY COMPANIONS SAW.

This game is seriously hardcore.
Beware that looking into cross breed babies tend to be hella glitchy and crash the game if you save and reload the game as DF doesn't know how to reproduce what ever the god living hell you made.

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 01:36:37 am »

mummies are one of the most surefire ways to get yourself killed. Very consistent, and even if you're lucky enough to survive without being a necromancer, you'll be forever cursed.
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.