Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Driving me crazy: key binding  (Read 1530 times)

randyshipp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Driving me crazy: key binding
« on: January 25, 2014, 06:34:52 pm »

I'd call myself an intermediate player, but I'm having what feels like a very fundamental problem with my latest installation, which is the latest Masterwork DF distribution.  Basically, I've been having some intermittent problems with keybindings seeming to "be lost" or not work, and some that basically never work.  And it's driving me up a wall.

I'll use my most persistent problem as an example and see if it helps anyone to assist me in troubleshooting this thing:

I am attempting to use the dfhack /gui/workshop-job plugin.  I press q, highlight a workshop that has a job queued up and highlighted, then press Alt-a, and nothing happens.  If I go to the dfhack console, I get this:

Code: [Select]
[DFHack]# keybinding list Alt-A
  @dwarfmode/QueryBuilding/Some/Workshop/Job: gui/workshop-job

I can also do the following in the dfhack console:

Code: [Select]
[DFHack]# gui/workshop-job
and the workshop-job gui interface appears in DF.

What the hell could be getting in the way of my key binding in this situation?

Thanks.
Randy...

randyshipp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Driving me crazy: key binding
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 06:39:42 pm »

As an additional data point, clearing the Alt-A key binding and adding the same binding to Ctrl-A has no effect.
Randy...

randyshipp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 06:42:10 pm »

Oh, and the Ctrl-W key binding for the workflow gui works just fine.
Randy...

randyshipp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 08:51:55 am »

So far, I've only noticed problems with key bindings that include the Alt key.  And then there's this unusual behavior:

Yesterday, I wanted to see the workshop-job interface to specify copper bins so I didn't end up with steel or gold bins.  I pressed q, highlighted the job, then, after verifying that the bound key, Alt-A, didn't work, popped over to the dfhack console and typed gui/workshop-job, which immediately brought it up.  I played on.  A few moments later, I highlighted a patch of rose quartz or something and pressed F9, which I have bound to "digv," and which ALWAYS works...and it didn't respond.

What the hell?
Randy...

Deminutiv

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 01:30:47 pm »

DF doesn't go to well with alt... especially alt+tab.... sometimes it's treated sticky or um... anti-sticky? Oo
alt tabbing out and back in again, or switching via statusbar or something might help.

randyshipp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 08:34:05 pm »

I'll play with that and see what I find.
Randy...