Back on topic: 0 wafers, ever :(
I'm with stupid |
                      v

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Candy
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2014, 01:31:15 pm »

0.  Most of my forts have been close to the surface.  Steel is fine atm, but I'll eventually go looking for candy.

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2014, 02:10:44 pm »

What better way to celebrate your centennial (other than gladatorial games) than to give your dwarves some candy? See if you can get a masterwork adamantine statue of the founding of the fort and put it in a central location.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2014, 02:15:03 pm »

What better way to celebrate your centennial (other than gladatorial games) than to give your dwarves some candy? See if you can get a masterwork adamantine statue of the founding of the fort and put it in a central location.

It's already winter, so there isn't enough time for the current centennial, but there's always the next one :).

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2014, 03:01:15 pm »

I oscillate wildly from "never getting adamantine" to "adamantine by the end of the first year."

Of the two forts I have currently succeeding beyond all expectations, one has a decent amount of adamantine but isn't using it for anything (Valefortress, known for its unholy vapors and magma landmines), and the other has noted the existence of the blue stuff but hasn't dug toward it yet (Carnagemines, which doesn't yet need to live up to its name).
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2014, 03:10:02 pm »

Not very many. When I mine adamantine I have lots of the raw stuff lying around, but it's only ever extracted once I decide to make some adamantine things.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2014, 03:34:31 pm »

adamantine inevitably makes my game run at 14fps solely because my computer's crappy and can't handle three cavern lvls.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:16]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2014, 04:03:55 pm »

At most, I've had 60, maybe 70 wafers of candy. I never get the REALLY huge spires, always the 3x4 or something small.
When all is lost, remember the bees.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.
Pages: 1 [2]