Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reclaim Lag  (Read 774 times)

Youknowme

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Reclaim Lag
« on: January 21, 2014, 01:01:52 am »

Hey - It seems like everytime when I try to reclaim a Fort that I have previously abandoned the lag I get in the fortress is way worse than it was before I abandoned the fortress.

I was wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this problem and maybe has any tips to fix the fps after doing a site reclaim

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
Re: Reclaim Lag
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 04:36:03 am »

How long have you been running those reclaims? Also, how old forts have you been reclaiming?

Thousands of items littered all over the site will cause the most of lag, I presume. There may also be hidden units, like FB:s and ghosts. Reclaims should run at about same speed as the normal forts after you have stockpiled everything and burned down useless crap.

If reclaiming has a considerably more lag than normal fort, you could always try to change game mode with DFHack. "Mode"- command will make it possible to change between arena, adventure, fort and reclaim. You could try to change your reclaim into normal fortress mode after an initial reclaiming, and see if it helps.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 11:56:26 am »

This is cause by (if I remember correctly) a bug where the region population numbers get doubled, or something like that any way...

Reclaim is bugged and has been for some time, that is why I will generally DFHack my fort too keep it from falling if I would normally reclaim, that way I skip all the bugs :)
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Youknowme

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 03:01:58 pm »

How long have you been running those reclaims? Also, how old forts have you been reclaiming?

Thousands of items littered all over the site will cause the most of lag, I presume. There may also be hidden units, like FB:s and ghosts. Reclaims should run at about same speed as the normal forts after you have stockpiled everything and burned down useless crap.

If reclaiming has a considerably more lag than normal fort, you could always try to change game mode with DFHack. "Mode"- command will make it possible to change between arena, adventure, fort and reclaim. You could try to change your reclaim into normal fortress mode after an initial reclaiming, and see if it helps.

Its happened a few times where i've run into this problem - its significantly laggier than when I abandoned the fort.
In my most recent fort Its running at about 50 fps and it was running at about 130+ fps before the abandon I used DF hack to autodump all of the items into the fort into a quantum stockpile and it doesnt seem to help. -- Ill try changing the mode and see if that helps at all.

This is cause by (if I remember correctly) a bug where the region population numbers get doubled, or something like that any way...

Reclaim is bugged and has been for some time, that is why I will generally DFHack my fort too keep it from falling if I would normally reclaim, that way I skip all the bugs :)

I do run DF hack when I play - do you know of any commands/plugins that can help with the entity population problem? This is probably what is causing the problem in the fort because I ran a few reclaims to try and clear out some of the baddies so the entity pop might have doubled a few times lol.

edit: grammar

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 05:13:43 pm »

I have no idea. Ask in the DFHack thread in the utilities subforum of the modding forum.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

EvilBob22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 05:23:26 pm »

Maybe the "fix/dead-units" script?
I will run the experiment to completion anyway, however. Even if the only reason why there is a punctured equilibrium in the fortress is because I have been brutally butchering babies
EDIT: I just remembered that dwarves can't equip halberds. That might explain why the squads that use them always die.