Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How exactly do i embark on caves?  (Read 2325 times)

Dazbuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How exactly do i embark on caves?
« on: January 18, 2014, 10:18:51 pm »

So i decided to try out Kobalds. I have a general idea of how to play them, but one of the recommendation is to embark near a cave entrance, which i do not know how to do. After reading up about it, i found out about the worldgen option to make caves visible on the embark map. I have done this, but i still have no idea what to look for. Is there a trick to finding good embark locations with cave access and everything else i need, like a river? I do not know what im looking for.

Also i am using the Masterwork tileset with Phoebus walls, if that matters.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: How exactly do i embark on caves?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 10:32:59 pm »

The caves look like grey boulders on the map. You can cleary see them at embark, or when the map is generated, when it says "placing caves". You will also see the caves name on the embark map, when you embark rectangle is one them, similar to volcano or river names.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dazbuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How exactly do i embark on caves?
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 11:01:36 pm »

Named grey boulders. Found them. Much, much easier to find now i know what to look for. Thanks for the help!