Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Forgotten beast self damage/battle  (Read 546 times)

Urist Sonuvagimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Forgotten beast self damage/battle
« on: January 15, 2014, 03:48:36 am »

For ages, fortress has disposed of unwanted characters/nobles by dropping them into the underground cavern sea 10 z-levels below to drown. The bodies have never been found, dead nobles were not missed. It would last for an eternia, until one day I've decided to execute the vampire, who came to the fort flashing his 77 kills and vast position/membership history.

Unfortunately, I haven't taken into account his inability to drown. Vampire managed to swim to the nearest ramp and has attracted attention of the forgotten beast which has been lurking in the caverns below:

Looking at what it did to the vampire, I guess it is the worthy punishment:

Unfotunately, the bloodsucker has led it to the door to the mines. I didnt realize there was a path.
After, the stray axedwarf, who came to refill the waterskin killed the beast casually waving his axe, taking not even a scratch or syndrome. Shocking!

Nevertheless, here's the combat log:

Did the forgotten beast actually hurt itself with the dust? Judging from him being murderd by Skilled Axedwarf with an iron axe, yes.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten beast self damage/battle
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 07:21:30 am »

well, usually, they are immune to poisons, cold, heat etc. However, in close quarters, they may be caught by the blast of their own dust and slam into the wall etc. A FB with deadly dust made of mist is pretty much certain to kill itself.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.